The search for missing pensioner Gloria Ann Clarke, who may have entered the River Tees, has entered its fourth day.

Officers have today been seen using a drone to aid their search efforts.

It comes after police said on Tuesday (January 2) CCTV footage shows a woman matching 80-year-old Gloria’s description entering the river in Yarm.

The Northern Echo: Police were seen launching a drone in their search for Gloria.Police were seen launching a drone in their search for Gloria. (Image: TERRY BLACKBURN)

Gloria’s family have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers, the Cleveland force said.

Teams have been searching for her since she disappeared on the morning of New Year’s Eve.

Police and river rescue teams have been scouring the water and riverbank ever since.

Officers have returned to the scene today and were earlier pictured setting up a drone.

The Northern Echo: Gloria Ann ClarkeGloria Ann Clarke (Image: CLEVELAND POLICE)

A police spokesperson said yesterday: “Police officers leading the search for 80-year-old Gloria Clarke can confirm they have CCTV footage that shows a woman matching her description entering the River Tees.

“Cleveland Police, along with colleagues from Cleveland Fire Brigade, Tees River Rescue and Tees River Trust, continue to focus their search on the River Tees and the surrounding riverbank areas.

“Gloria’s family are aware of this development in the investigation and are being supported by specialist officers at this difficult time.

The Northern Echo: Police at the scene on Wednesday (January 3) morning.Police at the scene on Wednesday (January 3) morning. (Image: TERRY BLACKBURN)

“The river is particularly deep at the moment and extremely fast flowing due to recent weather.  We would ask informal search parties to stand down due to these hazardous conditions around the riverbank.”

Recommended reading:

Get more from The Northern Echo with a digital subscription. With our latest deal you can pay £3 for three months, or get 40% off a 12-month subscription. Click here.

The 80-year-old was last seen leaving Meadowfield Drive in Eaglescliffe at about 5.45am on Sunday (December 31) morning.

The Northern Echo: A search operation has been ongoing since Sunday.A search operation has been ongoing since Sunday. (Image: TERRY BLACKBURN)

Emergency crews first descended on the River Tees in Yarm that afternoon.

A cordon was initially erected along True Lovers Walk at the water’s edge while the police helicopter was spotted over the town. Water rescue specialists and police with torches worked through darkness and into the evening before calling off the search overnight. Enquiries have been continuing since.