A young woman has admitted making knife threats to two other females on the same day, last month.

Ellie Hunter, 19, previously admitted possessing a bladed article without good reason in public, but she has now admitted threatening two other women with the kitchen knife in separate incidents.

She is said to have taken the knife from the premises she was living in Chester-le-Street, at the time.

Appearing at a plea hearing at Durham Crown Court, via video link from Low Newton Women’s Prison on the outskirts of the city, where she is on remand, the two knife threats charges were put to her.

Read more: Knife wielding 19-year-old County Durham woman faces trial

One was said to have taken place in Front Street and the other in Riverside Park, both in Chester-le-Street, on Monday, July 17.

Following her guilty pleas, Hunter’s counsel, Katie Spence, told the court: “She does not want to have a pre-sentence (probation) report.

"She just wants to be sentenced as soon as possible.

“She has been in custody for a month and is seeking as short a sentence as possible.

“But, she feels being in custody is the best place for her at the moment.

“She knows that’s only a short-term fix, but she feels that’s the best place for her to be, just now.”

Read more: Woman in late teens admits having knife in public, but denies threats

Recorder Jamie Hill was told there is an existing pre-sentence report prepared for court earlier this year, following as previous offence.

He said that would suffice for the sentencing hearing, next week.

“I agree that she needs to know what her sentence is going to be as soon as possible.”

Addressing Hunter, Recorder Hill said: “I know you just want to know when you are going to get out.

“This can be dealt with on Friday, next week (August 25).

Read next:

Get the latest news, sports, and entertainment delivered straight to your device by subscribing to The Northern Echo here.

“You will be given credit for the guilty plea and for the time you have spent on remand.

“There was a pre-sentence report prepared for court in April this year and that will be considered before deciding what the sentence will be, next Friday.”

He remanded Hunter to remain in custody until that sentencing hearing on August 25.