Rescue teams attended two incidents in North Yorkshire yesterday as they saved a woman and boy.

Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team (CMRT) were called to two separate incidents within the space of 40 minutes, by the North East Ambulance Service on Saturday (November 11).

The team attended a woman who had sustained a lower leg injury whilst walking down from Roseberry Topping shortly after 4pm.

The Northern Echo:

A CMRT spokesperson said: "A Team Land Rover crew returning to their Base (from Technical Rope Rescue training on Whitestone Cliff, near Sutton Bank) was diverted to the incident.

"Other personnel also made their way there, with two of them being collected as the Land Rover passed through a nearby farm.

"Having driven as far as possible, a rescue party was dispatched on foot carrying equipment to the casualty site but as they did so, a second call-out came in just after 4.45pm."

The Northern Echo:

A Great North Air Ambulance helicopter landed close to the path down from Roseberry Topping on a small flat area. 

The rescue team then carried her to the helicopter which took her to hospital.

Eleven mountain rescue members attended the call-out which lasted over two hours.

The team also attended a second incident in Errington Woods, near New Marske, where a teenage boy had sustained a lower leg injury following a mountain bike accident.

Five more rescue members, who had recently undergone a casualty care training day, were also redirected to the second call-out.

A spokesperson said: "Upon arrival at the second incident, a rescue party was soon on its way, carrying another set of rescue equipment to the injured mountain biker whose leg had been splinted by the NEAS crew treating him.

"The rescue team then lifted him onto their stretcher and wrapped him inside a warm casualty bag before carrying him approximately 700-metres, with a few stops along the way to administer pain relief.

The Northern Echo:

Most read:

Get more from The Northern Echo with a Premium Plus subscription. Click here.

The Northern Echo:

"He was then transferred to a waiting ambulance for transport to hospital."

Thirteen members attended the  second call-out which lasted just under two-hours, before leaving the scene.

The volunteers of Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team wish to pass on their best wishes to both casualties for a full recovery.