West Auckland lost a two goal lead and had to be satisfied with a point in a 3-3 draw at Stockton Town.

West are now up to third, but they have dropped five points in their last two matches, and with it the leadership of the league.

Manager Gary Forrest said; “I was disappointed to be 3-1 up with twelve minutes to go and then draw. We played some great football and missed enough chances to win three games but were always likely to concede as we had no centre halves available. Credit to Stockton for sticking at it and getting the draw, they were very strong from set pieces.”

West went behind to an early header by Jordan Robinson, but Tom Price quickly equalised with a strike from the edge of the box.

Michael McKeown gave Adam Mitchell the chance to fire West ahead at the start of the second half, and Nathan Fisher fired a free kick into the bottom corner for the third goal midway through the half.

But Stockton came charging back, and Adam Nicholson and Chris Stockton scored in the last twelve minutes.

Shildon also missed a chance to go in a clear lead when they were beaten 1-0 at North Shields, Ryan Carr scoring the winner just on half time.

Shildon piled on the pressure in the closing stages with Keith Graydon and Jack Blackford almost equalising.

Shildon manager Danny Moore said; “It was an even game but we just lacked the cutting edge. We will keep going and learning.”

In the other game, Sunderland RCA had a good 3-1 away win at Newcastle Benfield to put them into sixth, just three points off the top.

In the second division, Chester-le-Street lost their 100 per cent league record when they were beaten 1-0 at home to Heaton Stannington.

Chester-le-Street manager Colin Wake said; “We never got going and the defeat has been coming for a few weeks, but on the day I thought overall we didn't deserve to lose with a draw being probably the fair result. We have had the rub of the green so far this year but our luck ran out.”

Willington had a good 2-0 home win over joint leaders Thornaby, recent signing Dean Thexton scoring both their goals.

Willington manager Rob Lee said; “It was a good result, three great points against a good side. We worked hard in all positions, and it was nice to keep our first clean sheet of the season. Dean took both his goals well.”

Esh Winning lost 2-1 at home to Jarrow, after leading at half time with a Reece Brown goal.

Esh Winning manager Tony Boakes said; “I was disappointed not to have got something out of an even game winning 1-0 at half time then losing 2-1 just three minutes later. I was happy with the four debutants we had out and hopefully from a management point of view the holiday season is nearly over and players will be available.”