Shildon are unbeaten in four matches after beating North Shields on Saturday – and manager Danny Moore wants them to stay like that for the rest of the season.

The Railwaymen haven’t lost since they beat Hartlepool in the Durham Challenge Cup semi-final, and Moore said; “I said to the players in the dressing room before we played Hartlepool that I wanted to go through the rest of the season unbeaten, and so far, we have done. We are capable of going unbeaten all the way up to the Durham Challenge Cup final.

“We’ve lost only three times since Christmas, which is great going. Shields are unhappy that the final could be at the same time as a possible EvoStik League play off, but we must wait three weeks after our last league game.

“I thought we dominated the game on Saturday, and we could have scored more goals after we struggled to create chances in the first half. But at least we’ve kept our unbeaten run going.”

Shildon created the majority of chances in the game, and it was Ben Trotter who fired the winner in the second half.

Bishop Auckland dropped points again in a 3-2 defeat at Hebburn, to leave them in third place in the table – they haven’t won now in five league matches.

Hebburn took a 2-0 lead with goals by Robbie Spence and Graeme Armstrong, but at the start of the second half Andrew Johnson pounced on a miskick to pull a goal back, then Michael Hoganson equalised with a low shot.

But Michael Richardson scored the winner with an excellent effort and broke Bishops’ hearts.

Bishop Auckland manager Ian Chandler said; “It was an entertaining game. We dominated throughout and yet found ourselves 2-0 down at half time. We got back to 2-2 and had a good spell of pressure and chances but failed to get in front. Then Hebburn's breakaway and fantastic finish kicked us in the teeth with five minutes to go. Disappointing result but decent performance.”

The failure of Bishops and Consett to win means that Dunston UTS need just one point to win the title, which could be on Tuesday night at home to Guisborough.

Newton Aycliffe went down to a controversial last-minute goal at Sunderland RCA, which left manager Colin Stromsoy fuming with the referee.

“We dominated the first half with numerous excellent chances that we should have scored from,” he said. “We only had ourselves to blame going in level. Second half there was far less between the teams with both having a few opportunities to score. Their goal came from an obvious foul which the referee, being kind, couldn't have seen as it was blatant -- and of course they scored from in the last minute of the game. Credit to RCA who win games in the last minute, but they should not have been given the chance to. That fault lies with us and the referee.”

The RCA are now up to fourth in the table, because Stockton lost at Ashington.

West Auckland are still hoping to finish in the top five after winning 1-0 at Guisborough, Amar Purewal scoring the goal from a Thomas Price assist early in the game. Purewal also hit the bar later on. West Auckland manager Gary Forrest said; “It was nice to get the three points. It was a scrappy game, but we dug in well.”

In the other games, Newcastle Benfield beat Ryhope CW 2-1, and Whickham drew 1-1 at home to Seaham Red Star.

In the second division, Crook were well beaten 5-2 at home by second placed Thornaby.

After Thornaby took an early lead, Daniel Kent equalised for Crook, but then they went 4-1 down before Anthony Verity pulled another goal back.

Crook manager Jamie Tunstall said; “We can't take nothing away from Thornaby, they were the best team and deserved three points. I don't think we were at our best which is the most disappointing thing. I can't fault the lads’ effort though, but we need a reaction next week as that's just one win in five which isn't good enough for this group of players.”

Thornaby are still two points behind Billingham Town, who beat Easington 6-1, Craig Hutchinson scoring four of them.

Third placed Northallerton surprisingly lost 4-2 at Birtley and manager Darren Trotter said; “We were very disappointing. We started positively but for some reason decided to do things we had not done for weeks. Birtley worked hard and got the breaks that the hard work warranted.

“We are too experienced to let ourselves down like that and we need to turn up on Wednesday against Willington with the right mindset.”

Nicky Martin gave them an early lead, but then Joe Barwick scored a hat trick for Birtley with Oliver Leedham scoring another, before Aaron Ramsbottom replied for Northallerton.

Chester-le-Street were held to a 2-2 draw at Redcar Athletic, who scored a last-minute equaliser for a point.

Alex Walker and Michael Hepplewhite scored for Chester, whose manager Colin Wake said; “It was another draw but an improved performance after a shocking first 20 minutes when we weren't at it at all. With a massively depleted squad to choose from, to concede late on was a tough blow but I thought a draw was a fair result on chances created.”

Chester are in fifth place, level on points with Heaton Stannington, who lost to the only goal of the game at Tow Law, whose matchwinner was Lewis Teasdale.

Tow Law manager Steve Murray said; “It was an excellent performance and result, another clean sheet. I’m delighted for the club.”

Willington, with new manager Steve Riley in charge, lost 3-1 at West Allotment after Andrew Taylor put them into the lead.

Riley, who took over from Rob Lee before the game, said; “It was tough as I only met the players at 1.30. Hopefully I can provide some stability till the end of season which helps the club due to situation with the chairman then they can plan from there.

“It was a game of two halves. The lads looked comfortable in the first half, but we gave away three soft goals in the second half and tired as the game went on which made it difficult for ourselves. Hopefully in the weeks ahead, they will take on board my ideas and we will turn around the results of the last few weeks, but it will be difficult under the circumstances.”

Esh Winning picked up a useful point in a goalless draw at Jarrow, to put them fourth bottom.

Esh Winning manager Tony Boakes said; “It was a great result for us. We defended very well, were mistake-free and we could have easily had three points, but several missed chances and the crossbar denied us. It was a great team effort.”

Durham City are now looking destined for bottom place and possible relegation after they lost heavily by 6-0 at home to Ryton and Crawcrook.

Second bottom Brandon won 2-1 at Washington, which means that Durham are nine points adrift of them with just eight games remaining.

Manager Billy Harper said; “We weren’t at the races, and again stupid decisions in vital times in the game cost us. I would say that the scoreline flattered to them but nonetheless, we didn’t deserve to take anything from it either.”