QUESTIONS linger over the future of Omar Bogle with the Hartlepool United striker absent from the club’s first pre-season friendly of the summer whilst reports suggest he is in talks with another League Two club.

The 29-year-old was not named in the squad for their non competitive tie with Scottish Premier League side Hibernian, now managed by former Sunderland manager Lee Johnson, whilst there has been no sign of him in training with the Pools squad in their pre-season training camp in Portugal.

Bogle, who recently signed a two-and-a-half year deal in January earlier this year, has reportedly attracted interest from fellow League Two side Newport County and where it's suggested he is in talks with the Welsh outfit to join the club this summer.

Newport County are in the market for a new striker after the departure of top scorer Dom Telford whilst Courtney Baker-Richardson, Ryan Hillier, Alex Fisher and former Pools frontman Padraig Amond have all left the club.

After a fast start to life at the Suit Direct Stadium following his permanent switch from Doncaster Rovers, Bogle scored six goals in 22 appearances during the second half of last season where Pools secured their League Two status.

The departure of Bogle would leave Pools short of attacking options with Marcus Carver currently being the club’s other option as an out-and-out striker. He was also not in the squad for this morning’s pre-season friendly.

Meanwhile, Pools fell to defeat against Hibs in their first friendly of the summer losing 2-0 in Portugal. Ewan Henderson and Ryan Porteous got the goals for the Scottish outfit which also saw former Sunderland winger Aiden McGeady get his first run out since signing for the club in the summer.

Manager Paul Hartley gave game time to all five of their new signings of the summer including Kyle Letheren, Euan Murray, Alex Lacey, Mohammed Niang and Jake Hastie.

Tom Crawford was injured in the first third of the game in what looked like a suspected wrist problem. The midfield, who was used in an attacking role, needed several minutes of treatment and looked uncomfortable as he left the field of play holding his arm.