Kidderminster Harriers 1 Spennymoor Town 1.

Spennymoor collected their first point in three league games with a draw at Aggborough.

Moors played their part in a good game and had the chances to win it, but once again their failure to consolidate their lead cost them points, as it did last week against Kettering.

Their lack of success since they beat Darlington on New Year’s Day means that they have dropped out of the play off places into eighth, but still only a point behind Guiseley and Darlington.

Coach Stuart Parnaby said; “Conceding so soon after we’ve scored has been mentioned a few times since I came to the club.

“But overall, maybe a draw as a fair result, because we’ve had good chances, on the break and from setpieces. I think we’re all pretty happy.

“Mattie Gould had nothing to do in the second half, our two centre halves were brilliant. If the lads are willing to defend like that, tighten that little bit up and keep clean sheets, then we can go on a five-game run.

“Kidderminster had a lot of the ball, but defensively they didn’t break us down many times. Gouldy didn’t have many saves to make, so in terms of an away performance, the lads couldn’t be faulted for their effort and desire to defend.

“We knew that they would have plenty of possession, and we had to soak it up, but we’ve got loads of players who can break at speed. I told our lads not to worry if they didn’t have the ball, they just had to be patient. We scored on the counter attack, and we had four or five other chances. We got into some good areas, it was just end product really.”

Moors started the game well enough, and nearly took the lead with a low shot by Lewis Butroid that Kidderminster keeper will Mannion just managed to push around the post.

And Kidderminster had a chance themselves when Grant Shenton got on the end of an Austin Samuels cross, and Moors defender Nathan Buddle just managed to clear his header.

After Kidderminster had two loud appeals for a penalty turned down, Ashley Hemmings went close with a long range effort for them and then he sent Austin Samuels through, but Tyler Forbes just managed to get a tackle in.

And the striker was nearly gifted a goal by Moors keeper Mattie Gould, who fumbled his effort from the edge of the area, but fortunately the ball went the right side of the post as far as Moors were concerned.

But Moors broke away from the corner that followed. James Roberts picked out the run of Tyler Forbes, and he crossed the ball low perfectly for Rob Ramshaw to come charging in and beat Mannion.

Kidderminster nearly levelled straight away with a shot by Ashley Hemmings that came back to him off the defensive wall from a free kick, and Glen Taylor cleared off the line.

But Chambers wasn’t to be denied, and he scored just five minutes before half time, with a clever header over the advancing Gould from a Hemmings cross.

Moors were on top in the second half, but they were almost caught pushing forward just after the hour when a long ball found Samuels, who is on loan from Wolves, bursting clear, but Gould blocked his shot.

But Moors surged back into the game. Andrew Johnson hit the bar, and then Mannion saved a low shot by Taylor.

Forbes rescued his team with five minutes left when Chambers managed to lift the ball over Gould, but the full back just managed to clear off the line.

Kidderminster missed a great chance to win it when Correy Davidson crossed into the area for Chambers to head over the top with the goal at his mercy.

Team: Gould, Forbes, Butroid, Chandler, Buddle, Curtis, Roberts, Henry, Taylor, Ramshaw, Johnson (sub Anderson).

Subs not used: Mason, Earing, Boyes, Cogdon.

Attendance: 1,259.

In the BetVictor NPL Premier Division, South Shields are now six points clear at the top after two Jason Gilchrist goals gave them the points at Lancaster. Morpeth lost 4-1 at home to Ashton United, while Whitby were beaten 2-1 at home by FC United of Manchester.

In the North West division, Marske lost 2-0 at league leaders Workington, while Dunston went down 3-0 at Pontefract.