Bradford Park Avenue 1 Spennymoor Town 1 .

A last gasp goal by former Bradford striker Adam Boyes gave Moors a deserved point at the Horsfall Stadium, but once again they gave away a sloppy goal.

Moors were hoping to build on their excellent midweek win over Blyth, but they failed to find the same form, and they had to work hard to come back from a goal down and snatch a point that extends their unbeaten run to three matches.

Manager Jason Ainsley said; “We gave ourselves a mountain to climb by conceding a goal early in the game. We gave the ball away in midfield, and they were able to run through and score.

“We gave Bradford something to hang on to. We had loads of the ball, but we huffed and puffed a bit in the first half. I thought we were a little bit lethargic in the first twenty minutes, maybe the players thought that we would win the game easily.

“But once we got going, I thought we played very well. We hit the bar, hit the post, and their keeper pulled off a couple of worldies.

“I thought we dominated the game, and fair play to the lads for digging in and getting us a point.

“But if we are to progress this season, then in my opinion we must be beating teams like Bradford.

“At least we didn’t lose, and we’ve now gone three games unbeaten. We can look ahead to this Saturday’s FA Cup tie with Lancaster now.”

Bradford, who gave a debut to former Darlington centre half Josh Heaton, nearly fell behind when Andrew Johnson fired just wide, but they took the lead when Moors gave the ball away carelessly in midfield, and Mick Wood played the ball through for Brad Dockerty to run through and beat Moors keeper Mattie Gould.

Bradford continued to cause problems for Moors, who couldn’t really get going at this stage.

It wasn’t until half time was approaching when they created a good opening, when James Roberts forced keeper Rhys Taylor into a one-handed save.

Bradford nearly made it 2-0 though when striker Lewis Knight got away, but Gould pulled off a good save.

But at the other end, Taylor made another great save, this time to deny Johnson.

Both keepers were kept busy, and again Gould had to come to his side’s rescue when once again Knight wriggled free from his marker.

After Moors full back Callum Williams went off injured, Roberts missed two chances within a minute, but then Knight missed his third great chance when he rounded Gould, but failed to hit the open goal.

Johnson headed against the crossbar as Moors kept plugging away at the other end, then Boyes couldn’t turn the ball home in a goalmouth scramble.

Keeper Taylor again made another good block from Roberts in another scramble, and then he somehow stopped a deflected shot by Johnson for another great save.

Moors piled on the pressure in the closing stages. Stephen Brogan put a free kick just wide and Taylor pulled off yet another stop, this time from Nathan Buddle.

But Taylor was finally beaten in the fifth minute of added on time. Buddle was thrown forward and he headed on a clearance for Boyes to run through and beat the keeper for a deserved point.

Team: Gould, Williams (sub Hibbs 50), Brogan, Chandler, Buddle, Curtis, McKenna, Ramshaw, Boyes, Roberts (sub Cogdon 75) Johnson.

Subs not used: Mason, Atkinson, Webb