NO DOUBT Kendal will muster greater resistance on their own pitch when Mowden Park go there next Saturday, but the Cumbrians might also find themselves up against a stronger team.

With Tim Visser available after suspension and players like fly half Anthony Mellalieu, prop Ian Keeligan and No 8 Gavin Stainsby expected to return, Mowden could face a welcome selection dilemma.

It doesn't bode well for Kendal's hopes of breaking their duck after 20 straight defeats, none of them narrow enough to pick up even a solitary bonus point.

They have previously survived in National Three North by always winning on their own mudbath, but they clearly now lack the forward strength to do that.

They were shunted backwards from the first scrum on Saturday and Mowden really ought to have won by 50 points.

Behind a dominant pack, scrum half Andy Foreman often looked tempted to fall back on his old habit of going alone. Too often the pass was delayed, and with Iain Dixon not a natural fly half the threequarters did not profit as they should have done.

There were still two tries for left winger Sio Atelemo and one for Matt Barker, while the other three came from forwards.

The five points gained from one of only two games to go ahead in National Three North lifted Mowden out of the third relegation spot.

They moved above Leicester Lions and should stay there as on recent form the best the Lions can hope for is two more wins.

Only an April fool would bet against them winning at home to Kendal on April 1 as the Cumbrians have little to offer other than a strong No 7 in Mark Bright.

He bounced off three tackles in setting up their try but they were 27-0 down at that point, even though they had dragged Mowden down to their level for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

In a season when Mowden have been forced to use four goal-kickers, it was back to the original choice, full back Michael Breen, on his comeback from a knee injury suffered in September.

He converted two of the six tries after opening the scoring with an easy fifth minute penalty when Kendal were offside after Dixon chipped through then knocked on two metres from the line.

It was already looking all too easy and two minutes later flanker Matt Wright stood off from a line-out and took Foreman's pass at pace to storm over.

Then Wright and centre Gareth Kerr combined to send right winger Barker over after Kendal knocked on in midfield.

A facial injury forced Wright off to be replaced by Ricky Bagier, and with Andrew Tonkin at blind side Mowden had two industrious but lightweight flankers.

Eni Gisende, deputising for Stainsby at No 8, again stood out, while lock Iain Robinson was also prominent.

Mowden drove over following a penalty to the corner, but the ball wasn't grounded and after five minutes of pressure prop Danny Brown flung out an excellent pass for Atelemo to make it 20-0 at half-time.

The next 25 minutes were very scrappy then Atelemo's second sparked a sudden burst of scoring.

Local lad Richard Littlefair, who replaced Brown for the last 25 minutes, was driven over for Mowden's fifth try before Kendal replied immediately with their converted try.

With five minutes left a move involving Robinson, Breen and Barker ended with hooker Junior Fagalilo scoring in the right corner.