Bishop Auckland manager Brian Honour last night confirmed his resignation - even though his team won on Saturday at Woodley Sports.

Amid speculation he was reconsidering the decision he insisted: "I had no intention of changing of my mind after the game.

"I spoke to some members of the committee and their main concern was where the laundry should be done!

"I've had a great time at the club but we've come to the parting of the ways. Something different had to happen."

And director Richard Tremewan confirmed: "Brian has left and the board haven't asked him to reconsider. We're looking for applications now from quality candidates for the job.

"In the meantime, Tony Hall will be in charge on Wednesday at Ossett Albion."

Bishops produced one of their best performances of the season in a 2-0 win. "It's typical and ironic of football," said Honour. "There was a lot more purpose, aggression and heart in the performance. Maybe a more relaxed atmosphere helped to get the result. I hope the club makes the right appointment now."

Bishops took the lead after five minutes when Chris I'Anson crossed for Mark Sheeran to score and just before half-time Steve Salvin burst through and fired home.

Bishops have problems for Wednesday as Chris Mason has returned to Harrogate Town after his loan spell and keeper Jack Norton has gone back to Darlington.

In the Premier Division, Blyth beat Leek Town 2-1 thanks to a last minute goal from Scott Bell, while Gateshead lost 1-0 at North Ferriby and Whitby won at Radcliffe.

* Andy Bishop was the hero for York as his brace helped the Minstermen to a 4-2 Conference win over Exeter.

York took the lead in the 20th minute when Bishop converted from the spot.

The Minstermen's celebrations were short-lived when Steve Flack levelled.

York led when Bryan Stewart scored in the 37th minute but the visitors were awarded a 64th minute, however, Craig Farrell hit the post.

The miss proved costly when Clayton Donaldson made it 3-1 four minutes later.

Exeter were awarded another penalty in the 72nd minute and Billy Jones scored from the spot but it was in vain as Bishop struck his second at the death.