David Hodgson is going on the offensive in a bid to ensure Darlington's promotion hunt remains on track.

Hodgson watched his side slip down to 10th in League Two after last Saturday's defeat at the hands of Oxford United at the Darlington Football Stadium.

However, the Quakers boss last night vowed to take every measure in ensuring his side do not lose any further ground on their League Two promotion rivals.

And that could see a change in system and personnel for Saturday's trip to Bristol Rovers.

"We were very flat against Oxford and that is something I have to make sure doesn't happen again," said Hodgson.

"We've been looking at our system and there will be one or two changes made at Bristol.

"I have no doubt in the players I have and I think it's just a case of them believing in themselves."

Hodgson's plans to field an attack-minded side at the Memorial Ground could open the way for Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu to make his first start for the club.

The former Sheffield Wednesday forward has hit three goals in his last four substitute appearances and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet against Oxford.

In addition, Hodgson has also encouraged midfielder Nathan Jameson to remain patient and his first-team chance will come.

Jameson was in contention to make his full Darlington debut against Oxford, before being struck down with a virus.

The Middlesbrough-born 20-year-old has made just two substitute appearances this season after joining the club on a non-contract basis after being released by Walsall during the summer.

"Nathan has worked very hard for his chance and he was very unlucky not to play against Oxford," said Hodgson. "He went down with a bug and he wasn't well enough to play.

"As long as he continues to do well on the training ground he will get other opportunities."

Skipper Matt Clarke, Stephen Thomas and Matty Appleby have all taken knocks in training this week, but should be fit.

Hodgson is likely to give former Middlesbrough midfielder Phil Stamp a second week to impress on trial. Stamp is a free agent after leaving Hearts during the summer.

* USA striker Brian McBride pounced in the dying moments of extra-time to send Fulham into the Carling Cup third round.

Chris Coleman's side only narrowly avoided joining Tottenham, Portsmouth and Manchester City among the Premiership clubs to crash out of the competition at the first hurdle.

Fulham were cruising after Zesh Rehman and Heidar Helguson pounced in the space of four first-half minutes to open their Fulham accounts but Lincoln staged a stirring second-half fightback.

Obviously told by boss Keith Alexander to take the game to their Barclays Premiership opponents, they attacked with great zeal and were rewarded when Francis Green slashed the deficit.

A bizarre Moritz Volz own-goal, which will haunt the German right-back for years to come, combined with a string of magnificent saves from goalkeeper Alan Marriott sent the game into extra-time.

Quickfire goals from Liam Rosenior and Tomasz Radzinski appeared to have buried Lincoln's brave challenge but Alexander's side failed to give up and pulled one back through Scott Kerr as the match took a fresh twist, only for McBride to claim the winner.

Read more about the Quakers here.