Classic Trophies UK Milddlesbrough Sunday League

A first half-hat trick from Anthony Roberts was enough to give Priory SC victory over Jack and Jill. Priory still dominated in the second-half but concede a late goal. Roberts has now hit the net 31 times in league and cup games.

Haverton Hill beat Popeye's 5-2. They scored twice early on, Arthur Black with his first touch and Paul McCulloch, but Popeyes hit back through Jason Okane. A header from Colin McMenamin put Popeye's level but a late burst of three goals gave Haverton victory. McCulloch got the second and Paul Morgan chipped in with two.

Lingdale YCC put up a good show against a strong Potters Bar but went down 4-1. Steve Blighe put Potters ahead, Terry Lane made it two and then three second-half penalties shattered Lingdale. John Driscol scored the first, Peter Grinwood saved number two and Driscol converted the third. A late goal from Derek Pearson was scant reward for Lingdale's efforts.

Parklands had a 6-1 victory over Intrepid Explorer who have some players who apparently prefer to watch a match on television rather than play. Highlight for Parklands was Peter Di Carlo's hat-trick with Lee Fitzgerald, John Anderson and Nicky Hopper adding the other three.

Iceland Teesside hit a round dozen against Popeyes A. James McGowan (5), Paul Muthana (3), and singles from Darren Patterson, Martin Johnson, Steve Cramer and David Jowers gave Iceland victory.

D and E Locksmiths beat Stockton Double Glazing 2-0. David McGowan put D and E ahead on eight minutes but had to wait until the 70th before adding their second, Steven Gordon doing the damage.

Darlington Church and

Friendly League

A full league programme was played this week. SCA made Model T fight all the way before claiming the points with a 4-2 victory.

Model T went two up with SCA coming back to level with goals from Paul Alton and a 25 yard effort from Peter Dawson but it was Model T who went in at the break in front with their third, it wasn't until late in the game that Model T made the points safe with number four. Craig Gibson was on target with a hat-trick the other went to Richard Dodsworth.

Otter & Fish kept up their run with a 3-0 victory at Busters. After a tight first half which ended goalless a poor clearance let in Chris Liddle to put Otter in front and it was midfielder Darren Tate who tied it up with the other two goals. Two goals from corner kicks in the first half saw Deepdale home against Three Tuns in what turned out to be another hard earned win for Deepdale. Nigel Brass, back after injury cracked in the first after the keeper had punched out the cross, Trenton Hewitt headed in the second.

Three goals from Wayne Pratt helped Turbinia to a 5-3 victory at Wheatsheaf Wanderers having led 2-0 at the break, their other goals came via Gary Fawcett and a Trevor Hewison penalty, Steve Ryder, Chris Chapman and Paul Jones replied for Wheatsheaf.

At Abbey Road, after a hard fought first half which ended 1-1, The Royal finally got the upper hand against the Old Boys 4-1. Simon Hares hit a double with one apiece for Paul Gibbon and Wayne Muldowney. It was the same score at Hydro where they got the better of Aycliffe Saints, Nigel Gamblin opened the scoring in the second half followed by goals from Nev Richardson, Trevor Cooke and with time running out Simon Phillipson slotted home for Saints only for Mark Dixon to add the fourth Hydro goal straight from the kick off. Chris Marksby and Darren Kokes gave RA Youth a 2-0 interval lead against Tap and Spile.

Although creating more chances in the second half, they were unable to capitalise and add to their score, stand-in keeper Jim Pickard did well for Tap and Spile. In the remaining fixture Wesley's had no answer to Sedgefield Athletic's dominance who cruised to an easy victory. Arron Robson led from the front with eight