Hathaway Auckland and District League

BLACK and Decker moved into third place after the 10-0 destruction of Brewer and Firkin who could only muster nine men. Scorers for Black and Decker were Michael Quinn (3), Lee Thistlewaite (3), Mark Fleming, James Hedley, Paul Franey and David Upton.

In the only other league game played, Quinns Inn beat Glaxo 2-1, all the goals coming in the first-half. Michael Barrass opened the scoring for Quinns, Inn with David Bowes equalising for Glaxo and John Nicholson sealing the points for Quinns Inn.

The League Challenge Cup, semi-final replay between Coxhoe Athletic and DSRM was abandoned in extra time, with Coxhoe leading 2-1. The teams were locked at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Both teams had already had players sent off when the referee called a halt. The league, meeting next week to deal with the matter, is now awaiting reports from the two teams and referee.

The South Durham Bowl final will be a repeat of last season with Cockfield and Witton Park winning their semi-finals. Cockfield beat Brandon Station 2-0 with goals from Paul Dunn and Kevin Peairs. Brandon missed a penalty in the second half. In the other semi-final, Witton Park overcame Roddymoor 4- 2. They led 2-0 at half-time, with goals from Anthony Weir and Wayne Nicholson.

Derek Cooper increased their lead in the second half. Roddymoor pulled two goals back through David Neil and Ian Lowe, but a goal from Ashley Wilson made the score 4-2 in Witton Park's favour.

In the Sacriston Aged Miners Cup Darlington RA had a 7-0 win over Durham Victoria Bridge, with goals from Daryl Hill (3), Paul Adamson, Graham Dodsworth, John Little and Martin Brown.

North-East Christian Fellowship League

IDivision One, City Church Sunderland held on to top spot after four of the top five all collect three points. City Church took the lead through Jonathan Lumb and Tom Digby equalised for Jesmond Parish Church.

The home side's Kieron McGrane fired them back in front with 20 minutes left but City Church hit back through Ryan Pender and Noel Harrison for a 3-2 win.

Stranton Saints Hartlepool built them a two-goal lead from Jon Henson and Chris Barlow at Airport Church but they responded to a half-time pep talk as Mark Annison, Kevin Hilton, Paul Proud and Andrew Nordenfedlt scored a goal apiece for Airport to win 4-2.

A goal in the first-half from Martin Kaye of Bethshan Christian Centre was enough to stop Whitley Bay Churches run of three wins on the trot. Bethshan, the champions, are in second place and maintained the pressure on City Church who are two points ahead of them.

Consett Methodist Church, also in the hunt, took a two-goal half-time lead at Athenians Christian. Craig Nichol and David Rowe were on target with Rowe getting a second and then Kieron Young gave Consett a 4-0 win.

Monkwearmouth Christian FC continue to lead Division Two following the 5-1 demolition of Lanchester Chapel with a hat-trick from Barry Ward and Karl Laverick and Ben Hodgeson connecting for the other goals, Keith James the lone striker for Lanchester.

Wearside Community Church A, fighting for top spot, grafted for a 1-0 win at Saint Peter's Low Fell who are also scrapping for promotion. A goal from Steven Swinney was enough for Wearside to collect three points in a 1-0 win.

Stakeford Methodist Church moved above Saint Peter's when they won 3-1 at Wearside B. Stakeford took a two-goal lead from Paul Air and Matthew Hayton. Steven Walls hit back for Wearside before Hayton got his second.

Top scorer of the day was Marc Dale of Yarm Emmanuel who hit four goals in a 5-1 win over Westgate Road Baptist Church. Jamie Kitchener got Yarm's other goal. Bruce Nicholl scored Westgate's consolation.

Brothers Derrick and Ian Marshall helped Middlesbrough Baptists to a 4-0 win at home to Jesmond Parish Church B. Steven Davison also scored and to compound matters an own goal from Mark Nicholson finished the scoring.

A penalty in each half, both scored by Ronnie Smith helped Bethany Christian Centre to a 4-2 win over Heworth Christian Fellowship. Nick Rowling pulled a goal back for Heworth but Chris Frame added a third for Bethany. A goal direct from a Lee Wilkenson corner accounted for Heworth's second. Ian Martin wrapped up the scoring for Bethany.

Brian Adams Emergency Services League

Washington Police remain top of Division One after securing a point from a thrilling 5-5 draw at Durham and Chester-le-Street. However, Washington will be kicking themselves after throwing away a 4-1 lead. Denis Elrick scored a hat-trick with one each for Darren Mackin and Tony Fyall. For the Durham side, Guy Hall and Dave Oliver scored two each with Marty Blenkinsopp getting the other.

Second-placed Stockton Police missed out on the chance to close the gap when they lost 3-2 to Derwentside Police. Dave Scott gave Derwentside the lead only for Andy Blackett to equalise immediately. Chris Knight made it 2-1 to Derwentside with a 20-yard screamer. Jamie Cann equalised in the second-half but Chris Knight secured the points, with his second goal scored direct from a free kick.

In Division Two, Langbaurgh gained their first league win of the season, defeating Durham HQ 4-1. Darren Cass scored twice with Andy Robinson and Mick Lime getting one apiece. Ken Judd's goal was of little consolation to Durham HQ.

Durham Fire beat Sedgefield 2-0 thanks to goals by Ian Bell and John Little. The Fire team would be second if they hadn't had six points deducted for games not played without a reason.

In Group B of the Wanless-McConnell Shield, Sunderland Saints levelled things up with Easington when they avenged their previous 3-1 defeat by Easuington by the same scoreline. Craig Murray (2) and Ian Stephen got the Saints' goals with Brad Howe getting the Easington goal.

Division One

P W D L F A Pts

Washington 6 4 2 0 17 13 14

Stockton 7 3 1 3 18 15 10

Durham/Chester 6 2 2 2 17 15 8

Frankland 4 2 0 2 13 12 6

Derwentside 6 1 2 3 8 18 5

Darlington 5 1 1 3 8 17 4

Division Two

Saints 6 4 1 1 17 10 3

Durham HQ 9 4 0 5 19 23 12

Easington 5 3 0 2 17 8 9

Sedgefield 8 2 2 4 12 22 8

*Durham Fire 5 4 0 1 16 10 6

Langbaurgh 7 1 1 5 14 18 4

* Denotes six points deducted

Ashley Air Products

Over-40s League

Champions Billingham Wanderers lost 2-1 in a vital home game with Steels SC, the two teams now level on points. Steels defended in depth and used two men up front relying on breakaways down the wing and in the end it paid off.

Wanderers put Steels under pressure for considerable periods but failed to score. Steels took a first-half lead when a Les Logan netted with a 35-yards volley. Keith Aldridge levelled after the restart but in the closing stages of the game Mick Kennedy broke down the right and centred for Neville Harbisher to head home the winner for Steels.

The result was a blow to the Wanderers who controlled the bulk of the play but failed to break Steels defence.

In Division One, the Pirates (Mason's Arms) trounced second bottom Darsley Park winning 7-1 away. Their scorers were Peter Dunn (hat-trick), Trevor Davies (2), Alan Gates and Moore, one apiece.

Ferryhill Greyhound kept up their promotion drive by defeating Grindon 2-0 at home and moved into seventh place with five games at least in hand of the teams above them. Ian McQuade gave them a first-half lead and Kevin Simpson's second-half goal won the game. Greyhound star player was David Pearson.

Newton Aycliffe lost 3-2 at leaders Usworth. Newton Aycliffe opened in fine style, taking the lead midway into the first-half when Morris scored. They went further ahead after the restart through Jinks. Usworth brought on substitute John Langley who scored almost immediately when he headed home Wilkinson's cross. Ten minutes from time Usworth levelled through Paul Baggott and in injury time won the game when Watling scored in a goalmouth melee.

Langley Park Ram's Head defeated close rivals Hartlepool Catholic Club 1-0 to keep on target for promotion from Division Two. The Rams led 1-0 at the interval, Jimmy Taylor scoring with a spot-kick from a controversial award.

Barnard Castle could only manage a 3-3 draw with bottom team Touchdown Hotel and now look to have lost out on promotion as they only have four games to play and the teams above them have games in hand. Three times the Castle were behind and each time they came back strongly, the last time with the last kick of the match.

Billingham Town played very well scoring three goals but still lost 4-3 at home to Cleveland Bridge in Division Three. The Bridge's lively forwards were too strong for the town's defence. Wingate went down 3-0 at home to Regency Windows. After a goalless first half, Windows scored through Hogg and Trevor Robson ((2) to win the game.

In Division Four, Wynyard Vets stayed on target for promotion with a 4-2 win to Livingstones. The first-half was very competitive and even and ended 2-2. On the restart, Vets got on top to score twice and ended worthy winners. The Vets scorers were Neil Sullivan, Peter Balderstone and Ken Moody (2).

Consett kept up their challenge, defeating West Cornforth 5-1 at home and are now in fourth position. They led 2-1 at the interval but dominated the second-half scoring three goals without reply. Their scorers were Frank Toole (2), Jeff Ashley, Foster and John Morris Roe