AFTER weeks of disrupted fixtures due to the adverse weather, all six of Waldridge Park Juniors FC teams were in action.

The U16s progressed to the semi-finals of the Edward Wanless Trophy with an extra-time win over Usworth. In a competitive first-half Park missed three clear-cut scoring chances and found themselves 3-1 down, having conceded three goals in five minutes.

In the second-half Park played the better football and scored two goals to level the game at full-time. Playing with increased confidence Park ran out 5-3 winners with goals by Brown, 4, and Stobbart.

The U12s entertained division leaders Redhouse Juniors, determined to dent the visitors' 100 per cent record. Park put on a show of grit and determination and deservedly took the lead through Beresford, but an excellent strike by Redhouse kept them in the hunt.

After the break, Waldridge continued to dominate but Redhouse showed why they are runaway leaders and turned up the heat. This led to two penalties, one converted and one saved by MoM 'keeper Neil. From another flowing Park attack, Beresford levelled the score at 2-2 to set up an exciting finish, but it was Redhouse who notched the winner.

The U15s met Durham County for the first time this season, having only met once before in a friendly. Park took the lead with a deflected finish by Cuthbertson and Embleton doubled the lead.

With Park's defence coping well it was Park who struck again through Middlemas who went past three players and the goalkeeper to score from an acute angle. When Cuthbertson hit his second to put Park 4-0 up the game looked all over. However, complacency set in and two second-half goals by County made it closer than it should have been. Later a shot by Davison cannoned off the bar to safety, leaving Park 4-2 winners.

The U13s had an excellent win away to Parkside. Leading 2-0 at half-time Waldridge dominated and went on to win 6-2. Prolific scorer Attle was again on target with four and Penny and Skeoch netteding one each.

The U14s entertained Hendon Vics and shaded a pulsating 11-goall thriller to win 6-5. Trailing 2-0 at the interval, Park rallied in the second-half to take a 5-2 lead, then some sloppy defending allowed Hendon to level the scores at 5-5.

In a final twist it was Park who edged in front with only 30 seconds remaining. Scorers for Park were Miles, 2, Latimer, Harbottle, Atkin and Robson. MoM: Lloyd.

Lumley lost 1-0 on their visit to Ryhope in the Hetton Youth League. They had their chances but the only goal went to Ryhope on 75 minutes when Paul Watson found the net.

Nine goals were scored when Witton Gilbert saw off the Horner Cup challenge of Springwell. Jeff Hepple, John Davies and Graham Kime all scored twice for Witton in their 6-3 win with Scott Robinson, 2, and Daniel Clarke responding for Springwell.

In the U12 division of the A and C Kelly Gateshead Youth League, Witton Gilbert suffered an 8-1 defeat at Leam Rangers for whom Daryl Iveson scored four goals.