Darlington 21st Allstars

After what appeared to have been an eternity since a full league programme, the Spring-like weather allowed all 17 teams to play, the greater percentage of successes in the 20 games played coming from the seven-a-side teams.

The Under-16s kept up the pressure on their fellow top-of-the-table teams with a hard-earned 2-0 home victory over local rivals Darlington Boys Club. Not for the first time, Allstars played as a unit and their superior teamwork was eventually turned into goals. from Stuart Ford (his 16th of the season) and Steven Colbeck. Man of the match was Matthew Cooper.

The Under-15s renaissance continued at home to Fishburn Boys with a second successive win, the 3-1 scoreline totally reflecting the overall game. Allstars withstood early pressure and, against the run of play, took the lead through Paul Burrows who slotted in his second before half-time. The second-half saw a further Allstars' goal, this time from Ian Mackenzie. Man of the match was Lee Harding.

The Under-11s made it 10 wins out of 12 with a comprehensive 6-1 home victory over Nunthorpe. Youth Club. All six goals were outstanding, Freddie Huscroft making it 15 for the season with four more goals, the others coming from man of the match Lee Mullis and Tom Watson.

The Under-12s were at home to Newton Aycliffe Youth in the First Division and, after a poor start, got their act together, particularly defensively, and improved immensely in the second-half to earn a 0-0 draw. Man of the match was David Peacock..

The Under-13s were in action twice over the weekend and, despite two of their best performances of the season, they only had one point to show for all their efforts. First, at home to Hartlepool Power Station, they lost 1-0, Ben Wright man of the match.

Away to Billingham Town they earned a 2-2 draw, after being 2-0 up at half-time. Man of the match Daniel Hewitson scored Allstar's first goal and Phillip Grainger the second.

The Under-15 Colts, away to Roseworth Social Juniors, figured in a superb game, although losing 5-4 in a match of end-to-end excitement. The home side just held their lead in the second-half but two goals from Tommy Wright (26 for the season) and two by Steve McCready (17 for the season) meant that the result was always in doubt. Goalkeeper Peter Mears was man of the match.

The Under-11 Colts were in Richmondshire League action at home to Barnard Castle and lost 3-2 after tiring in the second-half in only their second game of the year. Matthew Cousins and Matthew Andrews got the goals and man of the match was Jack Ridley.

The Under-17s failed to make the most of their chances in the home match against Hartlepool Marinas and eventually lost 6-2.

Scorers were Ben Jolly and Dean Lowson and man of the match was Philip Makepeace.

The Under-13 Colts were at home to Whinney Banks YCC who kept their 100 per cent record. A very spirited performance from the Colts was a credit to all concerned but they still lost 5-0. The man of the match award was shared between John Maddison and Chris Carter.

The Under-14s were at home to Norton Grange and lost 5-1, outplayed and outfought by a very good, physical team. The Allstars only entry on the scoresheet was an own goal and man of the match was Andrew MacCloud.

The Under-14s Colts travelled to Nunthorpe Athletic and restricted the home side to 1-0 for much of the game. However, two late goals resulted ion a 3-0 defeat which did not reflect the overall game.

At seven-a-side level, in the Teesside Junior Alliance, the Under-10s were in derby action at home to Spraire Lads and disappointingly lost 2-1 in a game where they never really got going. Liam Clarke got the goal and Michael Pattison was nan of the match. In a subsequent friendly, the Under-10s won 1-0, Stephen Allenby netting and Luke Scarr named man of the match.

At the same level, the Under-10 Colts A team entertained Spraire Lads and won 3-1 with goals from Richard Moorhouse, James Stokell and Matthew Shaw. Man of the match was James Dunn.

The Colts B team was also at home to Spraire Lads and won 4-0 with two goals each from Scott Colling and Jordan Leer. Man of the match was Lee Gibbon.

Again, at seven-a-side level the Under-nines were away to Spraire Lads and won 2-1 with goals from Sam Hird and Dean Blanc. Man of the match was Adam Scarr. The Under-nine Colts were also away to Spraire Lads and drew 1-1 with the goal coming from Man of the Match Connor Richings.

The Under-eights had a worthwhile trip to Northallerton at seven-a-side level, drawing 0-0 and winning 1-0). Nicholas Crowe got the goal and Liam Riley (his first time in goal) and James Humble (his first appearance for the club) were men of the matches.

Coxhoe Boys

THE Under-15 team gained a valuable 3-2 win from their away game with John E Laing in the Russell Foster League, Division One. David Abbs put Coxhoe in front but after some poor defending they trailed 2-1 at the interval. Goals from substitutes Jonathan Haggart and Stephen Grady capped a good second-half display.

The Under-12 team lost 3-2 against Hartlepool St. Francis, George Hesler scoring twice for Coxhoei in a cracking game. The Under-12s are at home on Sunday against Willington at Kelloe recreation ground in the fourth round of the Russell Foster Tyne and Wear Youth League, Under-12 Cup, kick-off 1.30 pm.


THE U-13s completed a league and cup treble over Sunderland St Josephs in the Russell Foster Junior league with a 4-3 victory, the game switched to Wearside as Willington's ground was unfit. Willington's goals came from Warren Robinson, Nicholas Hayton and MoM Michael Walsh (2).

Previously, Willington had beaten St Josephs 5-2 in the league and 3-2 in the Ray Foster Cup.

Martin Hopps scored a hat-trick for the U-14s in their 6-1 victory at home to Sunderland Redby in the Russell Foster Premier League. David Jackson, Mark Walker and Matt Walker were the other Willington scorers, with Mark Willey MoM.

Willington U-11s won 4-1 away to Washington Envelopes with goals from Martin Trow, Glen Newton, (2), and Shaun Fenwick, Benjamin Horn was MoM.

Sedgefield Juniors

THE Under-13s won 4-1 at Eston Athletic Juniors in a competitive and highly entertaining match, Sedgefield goals coming from Kieron Kane(2), Anthony Smyth (pen) and Stephen Bagshaw.

Bishop Auckland St Mary's

THREE teams were in the Teesside Junior Alliance action after the enforced lay-off. The U-11s had a 10-0 home victory over Norton and Stockton Ancients.

Steven Thompson (3), Danny Bell (2), Karl Wilson (2), Kyle Etherington, Michael Gibson and John Bainbridge got the goals.

The U-12s had a 3-1 win away to Yarm Town. Steven Alderson scored two outstanding goals to give the visitors a 2-0 interval lead, Sam Hill making it 3-0 in the second half before the home side replied with a late goal.

St Mary's U-10s won 1-0 away to Newton Aycliffe Sports thanks to a goal from Jon-Paul Glennie and an outstanding display in goal by Zak Hole.

Hetton Youth League

DUNLOP sprang a surprise at Herrington in the Horner Cup. Their hosts have a 100 per cent league record but the visitors came up trumps with a 3-2 victory.

Dunlop led 2-1 at the interval through Philip Mustard and Mark Dale with Jamie Bennett replying for Herrington.

Although Jamie Cornell scored for the home team during the second period, Dunlop reached the next stage of the competition thanks to a winning goal by Gary McCartney.

Nine goals were scored when Springwell entertained Witton Gilbert and seven of them were scored during the second-half. The teams went in at the interval 1-1 with Scott Robinson on target for Springwell and Jeff Hepple for Witton Gilbert.

After the break, Hepple scored again and his colleagues John Davies and Graham Kime both found the net on two occasions. Robinson hit a second goal for Springwell whose other marksman was Daniel Clarke.

Despite enjoying a lot of possession Lumley lost 1-0 on their visit to Ryhope in the only league game to be played. Paul Watson was the scorer in the 75th minute