Auckland and District Ebac Youth League

Crook Town Juniors defeated Bishop Auckland 1-0 at home in the semi-finals of the South West Durham President's Cup to avenge a 3-2 away league defeat in January. Graham Irvine scored the vital goal in the first half.

In the final Crook will meet Willington who won 4-1 on penalties away to Chilton YC after a 1-1 extra time draw. Max Applegarth scored a penalty for Willington in normal time and netted again in the shoot-out with Michael Anderson, Martin Mann and Jason Howe also scoring from the spot.

Barnard Castle came back from 2-0 and 3-1 down to draw 3-3 at Esh Winning in the league. Mark Surtees gave Esh the lead when he ran fully 40 yards before scoring with a clinical finish. Anthony Hird made it 2-0 with a good header.

Chris Coates pulled one back for Barnard Castle only for Mark Surtees to make it 3-1 at half-time with a brave header. Stuart Heaney pulled it back to 3-2 shortly after half-time and Heaney was on target from the penalty spot to level the scores with 15 minutes to go.

West Auckland won 3-1 at home to Ferryhill Athletic although playing most of the game with only ten men. West had Anthony Dargue sent off for his second booking midway through the first-half after Ferryhill had taken an early lead through Burleigh. West staged a second half revival to take the points with goals from Gavin Bell, Michael Gibson and Paul Gargett.

P W D L F A Pts

Bishop Auckland 8 7 1 9 35 11 22

Chilton YC 6 3 1 2 18 12 10

Crook Town 5 3 1 1 11 5 10

West Auckland 6 3 1 2 13 10 10

Ferryhill Ath 10 3 1 6 10 17 10

Willington 7 2 2 3 11 10 8

Barnard Castle 10 2 2 6 13 31 8

Esh Winning 8 2 1 5 11 26 7

Fairs Software Tyneside Junior League

West Denton just edged South Moor when the sides met in the League Cup. The visitors held an interval lead after Carl Muirhead scored but the home side rallied during the second 45 minutes and two goals by Damon Anderson cancelled out a second goal from Tony Quinn.

There were chances at both ends before Liam McInver scored the crucial goal for West Denton.

In the league, Percy Main put nine goals past Swalwell who failed to reply. Richard May rifled four, Gareth Pugh recorded a hat-trick and both Anthony Martin and David Reid added to the woes of Swalwell.

Newcastle East End were also in scoring form when they hosted Tow Law and five players were credited with goals. Stephen Lovelle, Gavin Wood, Ricky Wilkinson, Paul Blake and Neil Barstow earned their side a 5-0 victory.

There were fewer goals when Redheugh met Consett and it was the Reds who claimed the points with a 2-0 win courtesy of strikes by Jason Singh and Michael Cook.

Hetton Youth League

Leaders Herrington reached double figures when they met Springboard in the League Subsidiary Cup. There was no stopping the home side and the visitors crumbled to a 12-0 defeat.

Philip Makle struck four times and both Stephen Copeland and Gavin Cogden bagged a brace. Craig Ellison, Chris Ndukuba, Jamie Bennett and an own goal compounded Springboard's misery.

In contrast, goals were scarce when Washington Dunlop met neighbours Springwell. Gary McCartney netted for Dunlop but Springwell managed a 1-1 draw.

Witton Gilbert and Ryhope also struggled for goals before Ryhope eventually ran out 2-1 winners. Jeff Hepple hit the target for the Durham youngsters with Mark Thompson twice on the mark for the Wearsiders.

A and C Kelly Gateshead Youth League

Owen Fox produced the best individual performance of the day with six goals in Blaydon's 7-0 defeat of Felling in the Under-14 League Cup. Leam Rangers also scored seven times with Chris Wilson and Curtis Woof both finding the net on two occasions in their side's big win over Consett, who replied just once.

In the Under-14 League, only one game went ahead because of inclement weather and Redheugh hit Wylam 8-0 with goals by Chris Clayton (3), Matthew Patterson (3) and Terry James (2).

In the Under-15 Division, Redheugh saw off the challenge of Wear Valley by a 3-1 margin and Consett finished 9-1 in front of Dawdon when most of the goals came from Richard Parkin, with a hat-trick, John Page (2) and Chris Mexon (2).

Two goals by Gary Andrews featured in Whickham Gibside's 2-1 success at Prudhoe and in the Under-15 League Cup, South Shields Abfad won 6-3 at Crookhall for whom Matthew Cameron bagged a brace of goals. Anthony Cane (3) and Stephen Holding (2) were the principal scorers for Abfad.

In the Under-13 section, Ryton edged Consett 3-2 and Blaydon won 4-1 at Blackfyne when Carl Picheau scored twice.

At Under-12 level, Cleveland Hall saw off the challenge of Consett, winning 4-1 when Gary Archibald struck a hat-trick and so too did Andy Smith in Chopwell's convincing 7-1 win at home to Witton Gilbert.

In the Under-11 Division, Blackfyne were victorious 4-0 at Chopwell and Low Fell B went nap at Quarrington Hill who failed to respond. Stephen Andrews scored three times for Low Fell. Kevin Hempsall and Ryan Laidler both scored twice in Redheugh's 6-0 defeat of South Shields.

Hartburn Juniors

In a hard-fought game in atrocious conditions Hartburn's Under-13s lost 1-0 to Darlington Spraire Lads who showed early promise. But the opening chances went to Hartburn and fine saves were made by Spraire's keeper who was Hartburn's pick for the opposition's man of the match.

Spraire capitalised on a lack of concentration in the Hartburn defence to take a lead which was maintained until half-time. After the break Hartburn were still second to the ball but managed to create chances and even when the keeper was beaten, the ball was kicked off the line. It was a good game with Spraire just edging it for a deserved win on the balance of play.

Willington Boys

THE Under-14s defeated St Joseph's 6-0 in the Russell Foster Tyne and Wear Youth League, Premier Division, with goals from Martin Hopps (2), Leon Howe, mom Andrew Johnson, David Jackson and Karl Bon.

The Under-12s won 4-0 away to Coxhoe Boys in the League Cup with mom David Dowson, Sean Bage, Jay Campbell and Ryan Young on target. The Willington Under-15s drew 0-0 at Ayton in the Premier Division, Ayton possessing the meanest defence in the section.

Willington Under-11s lost 2-1 against Grange Park in the second round of the Burdon Hall Cup. Matt Baines scored with Lee Broadley mom.

After winning the league in the first-half of the season, Willington Under-10s started their new campaign with two defeats, 1-0 against Byers Green and 2-1 over City of Durham Bees. Barry Shields was mom in both games.

The Under-10s then drew 1-1 with City of Durham Wasps. Jon Barnes scored and Shields again mom. Willington then gained their first win, 1-0 over Redby CA Blues with mom Barnes on target. Willington Under-nines also began their new campaign in the Russell Foster short-sided leagues, suffering two defeats, 3-1 against Riverside Boys with Marcus Maddison scoring and 1-0 against Hylton Castle. The Under-eights then beat City of Durham Mosquitos with Jordan Roberts netting followed by a 1-0 victory over Plains Farm, thanks to another goal from Maddison. Andrew Stobbs played his first game in goal and was mom for the Under-eights in the win over Plains Farm.

Bishop Auckland St Mary's

THE Under-12s had a 7-2 home victory over Billingham Wolves in the Teesside Junior Alliance League Cup. Darren Richardson scored an excellent hat-trick, the other goals coming from Laurence Oliver (2), Stephen Alderson and James Barron, his first goal for the club. The Under-11s also had a 5-0 away league cup over Darlington Spraire Lads. Karl Wilson (2), Gareth Saunders, Michael Gibson and Luke Rea-Dobson got the goals.

St Mary's Under-10s did well to reach the quarter-finals of the seven-a-side competition at Catterick before losing 1-0 to North Ormesby. Stuart Mounsey and Jon-Paul Glennie were outstanding for St Mary's