Darlington and District League

Archdeacon gained their first point of the season at the 16th attempt.

However, the euphoria was tempered with even more misfortune which has dogged the club since the opening game.

After 25 minutes of their encounter with Rothmans, striker Philip Snowball suffered a broken leg in a 50-50 encounter with the keeper. Further misfortunate was just around the corner when replacement Scott Dulson broke his collar bone. David Hunter put Rothmans ahead early in the second-half but a well taken goal from Leon Russell levelled matters. A disallowed effort in the final minutes concluded a day of mixed emotions for the Deacon.

Cleveland Bridge maintained their title challenge with a 1-0 win at DGSOB, courtesy of a Paul Wheldon strike.

In a tight, hard-fought match at Dinsdale, Killinghall Arms took a first-half lead when Phil Rennolds headed home. Hole in the Wall equalised with a deflected shot past the unfortunate Callum McCue. However, Killie received the points with an Andy Roberts free-kick

Leaders Newton Aycliffe were well beaten by a lively RA Social side. Trailing 2-1 at the interval, Aycliffe's defensive errors were punished as Social notched a further four without reply. James Miller scored for Aycliffe and Nigel Clarke (4), Peter Gormley and Andrew Wetherell for RA.

Post Boy and Speedy Hire was another close encounter. Johnny Harrison gave Post Boy the lead but and own goal levelled matters. However, Speedy Hire returned the compliment when an own goal gave Post Boy a 2-1 victory.

Neither Shuttle and Loom or Cricketers Hotel created many chances and it was not until 15 minutes from time that Shuttle finally broke the deadlock when Chris Airey netted. However, five minutes later Malcolm Hoyle equalised direct from a corner for a share of the spoils.

DSRM SC ended a long losing spell with a first-half blitz at Spraire, taking a 5-0 interval lead with goals from Stuart Ford (3), Jason Speight and an own goal. Spraire found some form in the second half and pulled three back, two from the spot, but a Sean Brennan effort eased the tension in the Rolling Mills camp in securing a 6-3 win.

Chilton Seniors, who have 37 players registered, were only able to muster six for the trip to East End WMC. Needless to say, the game was postponed and notification of the same was instantly followed by a letter of resignation.