Kimblesworth beat the weather and Langley Park to return to the top of the table.

Masood Mirza and David Showler combined to restrict the visitors to less than 150, a target which Kimblesworth met, losing just three wickets in 33.5 overs.

After the first three bowlers had claimed just one wicket between them, the home side reverted to Mirza, who was soon successful and went on to return figures of 4-47 in 12 overs. Showler gave admirable support and his three victims cost just 21 runs from a seven-overs spell.

Tyrone Beaton, who stroked seven boundaries in 39 before being run out and David Leslie (44), put together a productive partnership for Langley Park's second wicket but following their dismissals, the home side took control.

Opener Michael Fishwick showed his class in the Kimblesworth reply. He hit a couple of sixes and ten fours in 74 and Mirza (57) took the man-of-the-match honours .

Brandon, whose game at Willington was washed out, stay second and Brandon are third despite losing a high-scoring game to Tudhoe.

The home side must have felt safe after posting almost 200 in a restricted 40-overs innings but Tudhoe - and Simon Davis in particular - rose to the occasion and victory was achieved for the loss of just two wickets with an over to spare.

Davis stroked one six and 11 fours as he batted throughout the innings, finishing undefeated with a superb 113.

Brandon also had a century-maker in their innings. Campbell Robertson opened and was still there at the end with 110 not out, which included 14 fours. Captain Steve Dunsford contributed 60 to a total of 191 for the loss of just one wicket.

There was a close finish when Esh Winning just edged neighbours Ushaw Moor by eight runs. Openers John Carmedy (32) and Ian Dixon (30) laid the foundations for the Esh total of 159 for eight achieved from 40 overs, following a delayed start.

Sanjay Raul returned 3-31 and Ian Ross 3-49 before the League's top batsman, Raul, mapped out Ushaw Moor's response. He had hit four sixes and three boundaries in 76 before falling to Stephen Dunn and thereafter, the innings stuttered to 151 all out in 39 overs.

Mainsforth went down by four wickets visiting Sedgefield where run-making proved difficult. Although David Fishburn contributed 35, Mainsforth managed just 104 from 33.1 overs as Martin Lower (3-33) and James Foster, whose nine overs yielded the excellent figures of 5-33 took charge. Although they lost six wickets, Sedgefield celebrated only their second victory in nine attempts with almost a couple of overs to spare.

No play was possible in the games between Willington and Evenwood and Etherley and Crook Town.