Paul Timmens bowled leaders Bishop Auckland to a convincing victory against Barnard Castle at Kingsway.

He bowled ten maidens in a spell of 18.3 overs and captured six wickets for the princely sum of 19 runs as the visitors struggled through almost 44 overs totalling just 74.

Although they conceded three quick wickets, Bishops were never in danger and Keith Stones and Darren Blenkiron saw their side home in 27.1 overs.

Alan Toulson took two of the three wickets to fall for 35 runs in 11 overs. Seaton Carew's bowlers did even better at home to Billingham Synthonia and remain second from top.

John Fitzpatrick sent down 15 overs taking five wickets for a meagre 16 runs and Darren Alsop was almost as economical, his 14.1 overs costing just 28 runs for five wickets. Synners were back in the pavilion after 29.1 overs and there was no way they could successfully defend their meagre total of 47.

Paul Gough stroked four boundaries in an unbeaten 27 and Seaton celebrated victory losing just one wicket in nine overs.

On a day when runs were in short supply at some grounds, Middlesbrough were the only side to top 200.

They declared after only 41 overs with 220-8 on the board against Redcar at Acklam Park.

Openers Faz Yaqub, who hit 11 fours in 70 and Azar Fazal (63) put on 120 for the first wicket and although Steve Lee took 3-33, the Redcar bowlers found the going difficult. Martin Reeve, whose 63 included 11 fours, was in good form with the bat for the Seasiders, but few of his colleagues were able to withstand the twin attack of Michael Cook and Brett Roberts.

Cook's 12.2 overs included seven maidens and he captured five wickets for just 23 runs while Roberts returned 3-23 from six overs.

Bedale had eight wickets and 13 overs to spare when they overtook the Stokesley total of 155.

Andrew Smith batted throughout the innings for an undefeated 55 and after losing two partners, the innings was sustained by his unbroken third-wicket stand of 100 with Guy Darwin (57 not out).

Stokesley, all out with two balls of their 50 overs remaining, were indebted to opening pair David Weighell (37) and Mark Smith (52) for their total of 155.

A half century by John Grainge was the feature of the Great Ayton innings which realised 160-9 in 48 overs against Darlington at Feethams.

Derek Coates took 5-30 from 13 overs and when the home side went into bat, they struggled to 117-8 in 51 overs. Peter Bentley was their saviour with 34 and Murray almost won the game for Ayton with 4-24 in 15 overs.

Gary Knight steered Marton to victory at Marske, opening the innings and ending undefeated on 83 after having found the boundary line on 15 occasions.

Lee Charlton (39) and Simpson (33 not out) gave support as the visitors' total of 180 was overtaken with eight wickets and three overs to spare.

Chris Shepherd top-performed in the Marske innings, hitting four sixes and five boundaries scoring 67 and 37 from Mark Walker enabled a respectable total to be posted even though Dan Conway claimed 5-55 from 13 overs in the Marton attack.

Guisborough had the better of Yarm in their bottom-of-the-table clash. Willy Wyatt's 36 was the best that Yarm could produce in a total of 161-7 which came in 50 overs. Steve Donlon bowled unchanged for the visitors, taking 4-76 from his lengthy 25-overs spell.

Anthony Parsons produced a match-winning innings of 68, with a couple of sixes and nine fours as Guisborough leap-frogged Yarm at the bottom of the table when they finished winners by five wickets and with as many overs in hand.