IN THEIR delayed first round Durham Challenge Cup tie last week, Darlington Reserves lost 3-2 away to Washington after leading 2-1 at half-time with goals from Richard Addison and Martin Smith.

Darlington had a chance to make it 3-3 when they were awarded a penalty with a minute to go, but centre forward Michael Bond fired over from the spot.

Darlington Albion FC U14s, sponsored by Gary Clarke Builders, were home at Lingfield Point in the Durham County Cup, to Sunderland Redby, a very strong outfit, where all players attended the Sunderland FC Academy.

The inevitable 8-0 result did not do Albion justice for effort and commitment against some stylish and clinical finishing by Redby.

The scoreline would have been higher but Albion pressured Redby to the final whistle.

Special mention goes to replacement goalkeeper Luke Gent for his outstanding performance. MoM: The whole team.

Albion U13s were also in cup action in semi-final against Northallerton. In a very closely contested match with end-to-end play, Albion scored first through Chris Binks.

Northallerton equalised in the second-half, then Albion regained the lead with a goal by Luke Ward direct from a corner. Northallerton equalised with a penalty to take the game into extra-time. Northallerton scored to take the lead, but Albion equalised with Chris Binks making it 3-3.

In the penalty shoot-out Albion lacked the expertise required from the spot, allowing Northallerton to go through to the final. MoM was goalkeeper Michael Haddick.

Darlington Mount Pleasant Rangers JFC U12s A team played in the league cup at North Ormesby and after a long battle lost 4-1. Scorer: Tom Turnbull. MoM: Grant Hickman.

The B team also were also in cup action at home to Northallerton in the quarter finals.

It was end-to-end stuff and after extra-time Rangers booked their place in the next round with a 4-3 victory. Scorers: Gary Martin, 3, Tom Heilbron. MoM: Kev Coglan.

The U11s B team played in the quarter finals of the Richmondshire League Cup at Bedale and after some good possession lost 5-1. Scorer: Thomas Hutchinson. MoM: Charlie Watson.

The U9s played their first league game as a team at Greatham and after holding their own and playing well for most of the game, lost 5-1. Scorer: Rhys Hooper. MoM: Beej Turnbull. A friendly that followed ended 4-0 to Greatham. MoM: Conner Walton.

The U8s had no games due to the bad weather