Coxhoe Boys

Bobby Orton's side remain unbeaten after a 6-1 win over Chisick, Sunderland last weekend.

It was a tough match against a strong outfit but goals from Jamie Lawson (2), Michael Owen (2), and George Hesler (2) gave Coxhoe all three points.

Daniel Pervis, Steven Bunning and Tom Orton all starred for Coxhoe and Orton said: "I always give credit where credit's due and Tom played well. H emade some good saves at a time when we they could have got back into it."

Despite scoring 34 goals and conceding just three, Coxhoe remain second in the table behind Seaham Red Star who meet each other in a few weeks time while this Sunday Coxhoe are away to Jarrow.

Fairs Software Tyneside Junior League

Consett romped home in the Durham County Youth Cup when they visited Coundon and Leeholme. After scoring just once in the first period they finished 7-1 winners.

Robbie Fleming rifled a hat-trick, Danny Craggs bagged a brace of goals and others on target for the Steelmen were Ben Thompson and Nils Botcher. Dale Jardine scored a consolation goal for the home side.

In contrast, just one goal settled the tie between Willington and Redheugh and it was the Reds who won courtesy of a tremendous 40-yard strike from Tony Clark during the second period.

Walker Central still lead the table by one point from Redheugh who have a match in hand. West Denton are three points off Walker Central but have played a game more and Chester-le-Street with four wins and two draws in six outings, are also close to the leaders.

At the bottom Consett, North Tyneside College and Prudhoe have all failed to gain a point.

Rohm and Haas JOC Hetton Youth League

Most sides were involved in the Durham County Cup and Lumley progressed with a golden goal against Chester-le-Street. After conceding two goals Lumley reduced their deficit through Craig McManus and then equalised when Simon Dolman converted a penalty. The tie went into extra time and it was Lumley who scored first when McManus struck his second goal.

Lambton Street, who have yet to gain a point in the league, travelled to Chilton and won 3-2, but not before they had two players sent off and Chilton had one given his marching orders.

Lambton Street led by two goals at the interval from David Snowdon and Daryl Pearson, but Chilton fought back to level the score at 2-2 by the end of 90 minutes. This match also went into extra time and it was Lambton Street who hit the golden goal courtesy of Chris Divers.

Hebburn hosted Bishop Auckland and crashed to a 6-0 defeat. The visitors were four goals up by the halfway stage when Gary Whittaker bagged a brace of goals, Keith Darley also found the net and also on target was man of the match Dean Maddison. Hebburn introduced two second half substitutes and one of them, Neil Brabbs, failed from the penalty spot. Simon Jacobs also came off the bench and Hebburn produced a better performance during the second 45 minutes, but Bishops' substitute John Russell scored twice in five minutes.

In an all-league tie Herrington went through at the expense of Ryhope winning 3-0 with strikes from Michael Hedley, Mark Briggs and Craig Ellison.

One game was played in the league and Jarrow St Bedes moved to the top of the table with a 4-0 victory at home to Washington Dunlop. Paul Burrell (2), Michael Gallagher and Andrew Farrell found the net for Jarrow with David Armstrong (pen) hitting a consolation for Dunlop.


THE Under-8s beat Cleveland Hall Greens 10-0. Man of the match Keiran Martin scored a hat-trick as did Jonathan Telford. Calvin (2), Phil McConnell and Peter Leech were the other scorers. The Under-9s lost 6-0 against Low Fell B with David Boldon man of the match.

The Under-10s Bullets beat Low Fell Magenta 2-1. Peter Westgarth and Benjamin Camsell scored the goals with Jordan Murray receiving his first and well-deserved man of the match.

The Gunners lost 3-0 against Redheugh and keeper James Baker received his third consecutive man of the match.

After trailing 4-0 at half time against Winlaton, Blackfyne Under-13s put up a much better display in the second half scoring five goals to run out 5-4 winners. The winning goal was an excellent solo effort from man of the match Jamie Leathard. Connal Reed, Lewis Teasdale and Christopher Muncaster all scored one each.

New County North Durham Youth League

Most sides from the Under-16 division were involved in the Edward Wanless Cup and Cleveland Hall recorded the biggest win of the day when they hammered Wardley 9-0. Owen Fox, Chris Morris and Anthony Falcon all bagged a brace of goals.

Leam Rangers were not far behind Cleveland Hall in the scoring stakes. They put seven goals past Wylam who managed three in reply, two of them by David Dixon. Gary Jones also scored twice for Rangers.

Blackfyne enjoyed a 6-2 result in their home tie with Rutherford. Kenneth Truman, Craig Milburn and Neil Wilson all found the net on two occasions while Rutherford's two goals were both scored by David Patterson.

Another player to score twice was Chris Wilson in Redheugh's 4-1 victory at Birtley.

One game was played in the Under-16 division and Blaydon easily accounted for Beamish by a 7-0 margin.

In the Under-17 division an only goal was sufficient for Consett in their home match with Montagu Boys Club but goals were a lot more plentiful in the other two fixtures.

Leam Rangers travelled to Swalwell where they won 8-0 with most goals being credited to Daniel Graham with a hat-trick and Robert Houghton (2).

Redheugh and Blackfyne produced 12 goals with Reds winning 9-3. Chris Laws was the biggest individual marksmen of the day as he rifled five goals and Tony Thirkell bagged a brace of goals helping the Reds to a big win.

Apollo Doors Gateshead Youth League

Stuart Smith scored all four goals when Hebburn Reyrolle defeated Beamish 4-1 in the Under-11 division league cup. Heworth and Blackfyne drew 1-1 and it was Heworth who went through 4-2 on penalties.

Redheugh were full value for their 8-0 victory at home to Consett when Ross Heslop (3), Jake Day (3) and Craig Graham (2) shared the goals.

One fixture was played in the Under-11 section and Low Fell took the points from their home encounter with Felling. Liam McNaill struck a hat-trick for Low Fell while James Hall was twice on target for Felling.

Three ties were played in the Under-11 division league cup and there were victories for Consett and Low Fell by the same 4-2 margin.

Connor Etheridge scored twice for Consett against Blaydon and Alex Tait struck a hat-trick when Low Fell saw off the challenge from Redheugh.

An only goal in extra time by Craig Wood earned Beamish a narrow victory over Swalwell.

In the Under-13 division of the league Cleveland Hall and Consett drew 3-3 while Low Fell B hammered rivals Low Fell C 9-1 when Scott Fenwick, Tom Burge and Craig Ecclestone all recorded hat-tricks.

Two goals by Jamie Leathard was the feature of Blackfyne's exciting 5-4 home win over Winlaton, for whom Jason Dobb also scored twice.

In the Under-14 division a hat-trick by Lee Calvert set up Blackfyne's victory against Whickham Glebe and Stephen McKenzie bagged a brace of goals in Redheugh's easy success against Cooperhall.

Shaun Vipond (3) and John Rodgers (2) scored most of the goals as Blaydon hit Felling with a 9-1 defeat and Beamish ended 5-2 ahead of Burnside.

Only one game was played in the Under-15 league and Felling ended 3-0 in front of Blackfyne.

In the Under-15 division league cup Blaydon hammered Stocksfield 6-0 while Cleveland Hall did even better seeing off Consett by an 9-0 margin when Keith Carson scored four times and Craig Wilkinson twice.

Ryton also enjoyed a big win at the expense of Beamish. James Carr and Neil Howard both struck four times in a 9-0 result.



Riverside Under-10s maintained their top of the league spot by taking four points from the weekend's games. They beat Lampton Street Hornets 2-1 thanks to two goals from Reach and then drew 0-0 with Barnes Macs.

The Under-11s proved to be too strong for Belford House eventually running out 5-2 winners. Arran Wearmouth was again among the goals scoring a hat-trick with the other goals coming from Jake Clarke and Shaun Ryder.

The Under-12s were beaten 3-1 by local rivals Waldridge Park in the League Cup.

The Under-13s gained three valuable points away to Dunlop. Chris Travina opened the scoring for Riverside with a fierce drive from outside the box. Dunlop equalised before half time but shortly after the re-start a powerful Adam Barker header restored Riverside's lead. Mark Peck then cooly converetd a penalty to give Riverside a two goal cushion and in the closing minutes got his second when he knocked in an Adam Barker cross. Final score was Dunlop 1, Riverside 4.

Chester-le-Street Town

Chester-le-Street Town Juniors made six changes from the line up that started against Hartlepool United in the FA Youth Cup ten days earlier but it brought no change in fortune or result as the Cestrians were once again beaten in extra-time. On this occasion it was Lumley Juniors who inflicted the misery at Moor Park as they won a game, they largely controlled, with the odd goal in five.

Chester have been the victims of their own success recently and with quite a few key players undertaking professional trials in various parts of the country, they were forced into several changes for the biggest cup competition in the region.

Chester were desperately trying to exorcise the ghost of the Hartlepool United defeat, but unfortunately it was not their day as they turned in what manager, Andrew Muxworthy described as the "worst performance he has seen by his team in the last five seasons."

The home side started well enough taking a 2-0 lead inside 30 minutes. Firstly, Robert Draper scored with a fine effort after good work by Paul McDonald. Karl Haggon powered the second from a corner on the half hour. Crucially, the turning point in the game arrived in the 43rd minute when Lumley's leading scorer Craig McManus was left unmarked to fire home from five yards.

The visitors took the game to the home side after the break and when Michael Renshaws wreck less challenged produced a penalty kick, Simon Dolman made no mistake firing the equaliser. As the game moved into extra-time Lumley looked by far most likely to secure the winner and it happened when the Chester rearguard made their third and most crucial mistake, giving the ball away in their own box for McManus to pounce and fire a 98th minute golden goal winner.

Chester-le-Street Manager Andrew Muxworthy feels the manner of the club's exit from the FA Youth Cup knocked the stuffing right out of his team. He added, "Today the best team won. We've had ten days without a game, but it looked more like ten years. The only positive thing I can say about this match is that we didn't lose by more goals. We are a far, far better side than this performance and result showed - and despite the fact that we did have a number of key people missing, we should and could have done so much better."

Chester: Beckwith, Coulson, Low, Haggon, Renshaw, G. Draper (Dawson 62), Flynn, Murray (Smith 62), McDonald, Taylor, R. Draper. Subs not used: Rome, Watson