Whitby Town Res 0, Nunthorpe Ath 3

Ian even first half Whitby town fell behind on 24 minutes to a goal from Anthony Roberts. In the 70th minute Dominic Ingram added a second. Whitby battled on and pushed for a goal to get back into the game but Nunthorpe wrapped up all three points with a third in time added on from Scott Robson.

Acklam SW 3, Thornaby FC 1

Acklam Steelworks bounced back from last week shock defeat at Mackinlay Park to put a dent in visitors Thornaby's hopes of the title, despite going behind to a Danny Jones strike. George Pain who had an outstanding match made it 1-1 ten minutes later and Dean Talukder with his 14th of the season gave the home side a 2-1 lead in the 35th minute from the penalty spot. Pain with his second of the match secured the points.

BEADS FC 2, Bedale FC 6

Middlesbrough side BEADS FC were entertaining current League leaders Bedale and found themselves 4-0 behind after only half an hour. Adam Bramley (2), Michael Robinson, Paul Taite gave them the start. In the second half the home side fought back and in the 53rd minute Paul Callen pulled a goal back from a corner, seven minutes later Bedale made it 5-1 when Taite scored. Taite then scored in the 74th minute to secure his hat trick before Callen with his second of the game pulled a second back to make it 6-2.

Mackinlay Park 2, Grangetown BC 5

Redcar side Mackinlay Park who are fighting to get off the bottom of the league and out of the relegation zone, were entertaining League Champions Grangetown. Park got of to a great start when one of their many new signings Lee Yates scored after only four minutes. The Boys Club were level 14 minutes later when Paul Cassidy but the Redcar side fought back and Gary Owens, another new signing, made it 2-1. But five minutes before half-time Robin Ball pulled it back to 2-2 which remained the half-time score line. But Stuart Padgett, Paul Cochrane, Bell clinched the win for Grangetown.

Nunthorpe Ath 8, New Marske SC 1

Nunthorpe Athletic and New Marske revered venues to Nunthorpe and visitors New Marske took a surprising 1-0 lead after only 15 minutes through Alex Anderson, Nunthorpe who won 3-0 at Whitby Town on Wednesday evening, fought back and drew level in the 30th minute through Anthony Roberts, five minutes later they took a 2-1 lead into the half time break when Glynn Swinnerton scored. Roberts, Scott Robson, Mark Trodden, Phil Rowling, James Mellon and Craig Winter sealed the points.


Darlington RA Res 0, Richmond Tn 9

This outstanding first round tie finally got under way, but it had to be transferred to Richmond to get the game played. These two sides had already met in a preliminary round of the MacMillan Bowl, which Richmond won 4-0. Richomd's scorers were: Richard Thompson (2), Darren Bond, Adam Emson, Richard Meehan (2), Michael Sartini and Carl Tate completed the rout.


Stokesley SC 2, Thornaby YC 2, aet 5 - 6 Penalties

The Youth Club took the lead in the 20th minute when a long kick by the Thornaby keeper caught the wind, bounced between two defender, who both left it, and Martin Speight caught it on the volley across the Stokesley keeper. James Middleditch levelled matters. In the 40th minute the Youth Club took a 2-1 lead with Karl Watson's own goal. But Middleditch again levelled. In extra time neither side could again find a goal to separate the sides. Stokesley bowed out after they missed leaving Thornaby Youth Club in the semi-finals with away to Whitby side Fishburn Park.

Darlington SRM 0, Carlin How 4

Second Division side Darlington SRM entertained First Division Carlin How in this second round of the Raine Trophy, the first half was very even and at half-time the match remained at 0-0. 18 minutes into the second half Carlin How took the lead through Jason Draper, Draper added his second of the game and six minutes later centre back Jason Couse added the third. Steve Starsmore secured a semi-final spot.

Wolviston Res 2, Fishburn Park 4

Wolviston Reserves pitch problems continue after overnight rain resulted in their pitch being deemed unplayable after an early morning inspection, contact with Whitby side Fishburn resulted in the match being switched to Whitby. Fishburn took a ninth minute lead when Stuart Marsay opened the scoring against the run of play following a bright start by a Wolviston side playing a number of youngsters. Wolviston were shook by the loss of Andrew Dinsdale who had to go to hospital in the 15th minute, when he was found to have a cut forehead, that later was confirmed to have had sixteen stitches. Five minutes later Fishburn took a 2-0 lead into half time when Marsay grabbed his second of the match. Five minutes into the second half substitute Ian Thompson with his 7th of the season pulled it back to 2-1, but eight minutes later Marsay grabbed his hat trick to take his tally to eleven for the season. Wolviston pulled a second goal back in the 80th minute through Chris Murray, but Lee Found secured a semi-final match at home to Thornaby Youth Club in April with three minutes remaining.


Teesside Link 1, Teesside Arriva 2

Only one Second Division match was played this weekend, Teesside Link entertained Hartlepool side Teesside Arriva who although in third place are some eighteen points behind leaders SMG Redstripes with five games in hand before the start of this Saturdays match, they trail second placed Dormans by ten points, again with four games in hand. But they found themselves a goal behind on a very poor pitch, when Gary Bowe with his second of the season gave the Thornaby side a 6th minute lead. Paul Proudlock with his 6th of the season pulled it back to 1- 1 in the 29th minute and David Lubb with his first of the season secured the Arriva victory in the 66th minute to pull three points closer to the top two.


Darlington CB1, Brandon Station 1, aet 3 - 5 Penalties

Darlington Cleveland Bridge fell behind to visitors Brandon Station in this Auckland Charity Cup two minutes before half time, they drew level through Lee Hammond twenty minutes into the second half and despite being on top they failed to find a winner sending the match into extra time, again neither side were able to find a winner and the match went into a penalty shootout which Brandon Station as they scored all their penalties, Cleveland Bridge only scored three.

Leading scorers: DIVISION ONE - 24 - I McGowan (Grangetown BC); 23 - W Gredziak (Bedale FC); 21 - P Taite (Bedale FC); 19 - A Bramley (Bedale FC); 17 - P Cochrane (Grangetown BC), A Roberts (Nunthorpe Ath), M Arif (Thornaby FC); 16 - J Draper (Carlin How); 15 - P Boldison (Nunthorpe Ath); 14 - D Talukder (Acklam SW), M Meggison (Grangetown BC), D Jones (Thornaby FC); 11 - S Marsay (Fishburn Park), M Moore (Thornaby YC); 10 - L Bowes (BEADS FC), J Middleditch (Stokesley SC)

DIVISION TWO - 15 - N Jameson (Whinney Banks); 14 - A Degiorgis (SMG Redstripes), N Hay (Teesside Arriva), P Lambert (Teesside Link); 13 - J McGowan (Dormans FC); 11 - J Martin (Teesside Ath); 10 - L Thompson (Billingham Wndrs); 9 - S Hill (Tees Link), J Blamires (Whinney Banks); 8 - P Livingstone (Teesside Link); 7 - L Alexander (Dormans), C Brunskill (Dormans FC), P Thorns (D'ton SRM), A Hugill (Teesside Ath)