All Stars made up for missing out on the Second Division title when they took the divisional Cup on Sunday at Darlington's RA ground.

In The Darlington Motor Factors Second Division Cup Final they met Bishop Auckland Derby who had finished fourth in the League, two places behind the All Stars.

The Derby had fought a tough passage to get to this stage of the competition, having to navigate Division Two champions Killinghall Arms en route to the final, but they went into the game with high hopes and started at a high tempo, making it difficult for All Stars to get into their stride and find any time on the ball.

However, as the half progressed the play became much more open as the ball was moved quickly from end to end as both sides had their keepers to thank for keeping the scoresheet blank.

The All Stars eventually managed to gain the lions share of the possession though, and they made it count as Damian Franklin's through ball was picked up by William Tutty who broke the Derby offside trap before slotting home to give All Stars a 1-0 half-time lead.

As with the first period, the Derby started at a break-neck pace in the second half however, with the situation getting heated, the All Stars midfield found an extra gear and stamped their authority on the game.

It became only a matter of time before they increased their lead, and it was leading scorer Darren Kokes who got the vital second goal, pouncing on a Stephen Stacey pass before beating two defenders and slotting the ball into the net.

The second goal knocked the stuffing out of the Derby and, despite the endless running of Wayne King and Darren Dye, they were just unable to unlock the watertight All Stars defence.

Conversely, with the luxury of a two-goal advantage, the All Stars were prepared to attack in numbers, and it wasn't long they increased their lead. Man of the match Daniel Hanafin capped a fine performance with a tremendous solo goal before Darren Kokes completed the scoring with his second of the game as All Stars took the trophy with a convincing 4-0 victory.