Stanley Sunday League: Stanley FC are the Champions of Derwentside following a crushing win over Consett Stateside in the tri-league competition involving sides from the Stanley, Consett and Durham Leagues.

After finding themselves a goal down inside ten minutes, Stanley turned it around and were 2-1 up by the interval with two from Ian Watson.

Stateside managed to draw level, but it was only a temporary recovery as Stanley replied with three unanswered goals, the first a David Hagan penalty.

The issue was put beyond doubt by further strikes from Mark Patterson and Rowland Lee to give Stanley their fourth silverware of the season.

Another trophy then followed - the Challenge Cup - when Stanley accounted for Chester Garden Farm 3-1 in an bad-tempered game.

David Robson opened the scoring for Stanley and David Turner doubled the lead.

Central defender Kevin Bowman put the Farm back in contention before leading scorer Mark Drake made it safe for Stanley.

In the League, Pelton Fell WMC finished off their season with a 7-0 win at home to Felling Mulberry. Daniel Bankhead (2), Frank Tiffen (2), Andy Cuthbertson (2) and Derek Willis got Fell's goals to ensure they finished third.

Consett Sunday League

Chopwell will join champions Lanchester Social in the First Division next season after securing the runners-up spot with a 5-0 win over Stanley Central.

Joel Neasham struck with two of the goals along with Lee Nicholson, Martin Metcalfe and Gary Neasham to ensure the promotion place.

Burnhope are relegated after losing out 5-3 at home to the Black Horse while Stanley Central triumphed 3-2 at Consett Top Club.

Danny Gilbert hit a hat-trick in a 3-1 Annfield Plain Demi win at Tantobie who replied through Paul Balmer while goals from Wayne Carr, Tony Elvin, Paul Pilkington and Jamie Green saw Oxhill to a 4-2 win at the Cricketers.

The top of the Third Division sees three teams - Burton House, Plainsman and Dipton Bird Inn - all level on 58 points.

But it is the first two who will go up after the Bird announced they will be disbanding at the end of this campaign.

Burton House were shocked against lowly Smelters Arms when they were held 3-3 despite goals from Alex Atkinson, Paul Foster and Dean Nicholson. Smelters responded with a Gary Raine double and another from Ian Tillby.

Craig Tait scored a crucial two goals along with Neil Palmer and Barry Foster as the Bird Inn just edged it 4-3 at Swalwell Poacher for whom Alan Nicholson scored twice along with Chris Walker.

The Plainsman also found it tough before squeezing through 3-2 at Medomsley Miners, Carl Gerry scoring twice and Stephen Mallett notching the other with Carl Muirhead and Richard Taylor replying.

Delves United were also 3-2 away winners with two-goal Stuart Parkin and David Carter seeing them home at the Duke of Wellington who hit back through David Gilbert and David Rainbow.

A Stephen Boakes hat-trick set Board Inn on their way to a 9-3 win at the Prince of Wales for whom Mark Tilsbury netted twice.

The First Division title will be a straight battle between Stanley Towneley Arms and Stateside - and they have to meet.

Two wins from their last three games ensures the title for Stanley though Stateside are making a fight of it with Stephen Beckwith scoring twice in a 6-2 win over AK Leisure who managed a double from Andy Thompson. Paul McCourt, Carl Muirhead and Stephen Eglon goals steered Station Ex Juniors to a 3-1 win over Annfield Plain Cricket Club while Davie Dorn and Paul Clark scored for Lintz and Blackhill Comrades respectively in a 1-1 draw.