Whitehill FC lifted the League Challenge Cup with a 3-1 victory over Belford House.

Whitehill with the wind behind them led after 18 minutes, A Michael Graver corner was headed in by Dave O'Brien. Belford cancelled that out three minutes later after a cross from the right was volleyed in by Andrew Dugdale. On the hour Whitehill were ahead again with an identical goal to the first one. Again Michael Graver's corner was headed in by Dave O'Brien. In the 67th minute the cup was out of reach for Belford when the league's top scorer Michael Pit hit a drive from 18 yards to give the Belford keeper no chance.

Coxhoe Athletic are the League champions. They were 3-1 winners at Spennymoor Black & Decker and played their best football knowing a win would give them the top spot. They were at ease within eight minutes when Kevin Bush put them ahead from ten yards out. They increased the lead after 55 minutes when a dash down the right by Andrew Richards produced a centre for Dean Smithson to head home. Black & Decker reduced the lead to 2-1 in 82 minutes when Paul Arnott broke away to slip the ball past the keeper. An 89th minute Gary O'Hara penalty sealed it for Coxhoe who won the title with two games to play.

Brandon Station beat Hartlepool Town 2-0 at home. Tony Hanson opened the scoring in the first half with David Dickinson scoring a penalty for number two.

Shildon Railway hammered Seaham The Duke at home 8-2. Scott Burns put The Duke in front after ten minutes, after that it was one-way traffic for Shildon when Kevin Hamilton equalised in 15 minutes with a penalty. Stuart Blackett made it 2-1 and a minute later Kevin Hamilton hit his second to give Shildon a 3-1 lead at the interval. Kevin Hamilton got another goal to complete his hat-trick and Stephen Hall, Steffan McGowan and a couple by Neil Robinson made it eight for Shildon with Scott Burns getting a second for the Duke.

Simonside Social Club's 5-3 win at home to Cockfield FC lifted them from the foot of the table to third from bottom in their last game of the season. Gary Scott and Stephen Carling put Simonside 2-0 up in the first half. More goals from Michael Ord, David Basham and Daren Bain made it five for Simonside with Darren Fletcher and a couple from Anthony White replying for Cockfield.