STUDENTS living in the Harrogate borough who are taking post-16 courses are being invited to apply for grant aid.

The Haywra Crescent Educational Trust money could also help people at college or university outside the district.

It has been made available through the sale of a former education property in Haywra Crescent, Harrogate.

Information is available from the Student Support Section, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, North-allerton, DL7 8AE. Telephone (01609) 532865. The closing date is November 30.