Newton Aycliffe made it to the quarter-finals of the Division One Cup Final with a win over Green Tree.

And Voltigeur also progressed to the final of the Division Two final with a Manchester City-style comeback win over Middlestone Moor!

Aycliffe did it with a 5-3 victory thanks to two goals each by Paul Stevens and Dave Muir plus one from Mark Armstrong.

Now they face Old Shildon in the final at Spennymoor United's Brewery Field on Sunday, April 18.

"We needed it badly," admitted winning boss Brian Scaife. "We've been struggling this year - it's certainly not been one of our better seasons. But a cup final is a major boost and it's particularly satisfying for the people who do a lot of work behind the scenes, namely our secretary Roger Bradley. He's done a lot over the years, for little in return, so I'm pleased for him that we did it."

Meanwhile, Voltigeur somehow managed to reach the final of the Division Two Cup with a 4-3 win at Middlestone Moor.

Goals by Tony Craddock (2), Craig Warburton and Joe Ward clawed back a three-goal deficit - just as Man City did at Tottenham last week in a dramatic FA Cup clash - to book their place in a final showdown with either Masons Arms or Masons United on Friday, April 9.

"We're delighted!" said Volti secretary Dean Mains. "We thought the game was well gone when they went 3-0 up, but we somehow managed to pull it back and it was brilliant. The lads really did well and as it's our first season in this league, we're really looking forward to the final."

Also on the cup front, Division Two league-leaders Hunwick skipped into the quarter-finals of the B&A Trophy with a 5-3 win over Division One side Beehive.

Stephen Howe scored twice for the victors and there was one a-piece for Sean Nicholson, Paul Dawson and Aidan McCabe.

"But we owe a lot to our goalkeeper Ben Cummins," said Hunwick secretary and scorer McCabe. "He made some fantastic saves that effectively won us the game, which is why he deservedly won the man-of-the-match award."

Remaining quarter-final games are: Victoria v Hunwick, Thorns v Loves.

The semi-finals, to be played on Sunday March 7, are: Old Shildon v Victoria/Hunwick, Thorns/Loves v Masons Arms.

The final will be played on Sunday April 25.

The League Cup Final, meanwhile, will be played on Sunday, May 2.

The Invitation Cup Final, should the league decide to hold the competition, will be played on Friday April 30.

There were only five league games played last week due to the cup action.

In Division One, Thorns won 5-1 at Postchaise with goals by Martin Longthorne (2), Anthony Stewart and Steven Smith.

Old Shildon also won, 5-2 at Tudhoe United, with strikes by Thomas Louden (2), Kevin Russell (2) and Ian Maddison.

But Loves gave their title rivals further encouragement by dropping two points with a 3-3 draw at home to neighbours Browney.

Dale Phillips, Peter Boucher and Jason Murray scored for Browney, with Andrew Stewart (2) and Gary Hindmarsh netting for Loves.

Binchester won 7-2 at Horndale with goals by Christopher Pickles (4), Scott Smith, Lee Furber and Anthony Binks.

In Division Two, Eldon Arms won 7-2 at home over Boot & Shoe.

Meanwhile, the league has thanked Spennymoor United FC for their continued support in hosting the end-of-season cup finals at the Brewery Field.

"We are grateful to Spennymoor United for their continued, valuable support," said league secretary Mike Hill. "Our league is renowned in the Durham FA region as one of the best, and a lot of that is down to the backing of Spenny, so we thank them for that."

RESULTS ROUND-UP: Sunday February 8: Division One Cup SF: Newton Aycliffe 5, Green Tree 3.

Division Two Cup SF: Middlestone Moor 3, Voltigeur 4.

B&A Trophy R2: Hunwick 5, Beehive 3.

Division One: Postchaise 1, Thorns 5; Loves 3, Browney 3; Horndale 2, Binchester SC 7; Tudhoe Utd 2, Old Shildon 5.

Division Two: Eldon Arms 7, Boot & Shoe 2.