Wilton 1st claimed top spot in North East division one from Northumbria St Georges with a stunning top of the table clash away at Coach Lane.

Wilton started brightest and pressured the students from the off, creating a multitude of scoring opportunities. Danny Morgan broke the deadlock for the Teessiders with a finely struck penalty corner, giving the impitus to the travelling side to work even harder, Morgan and Dom Binks sharing man of the match for their endeavours. Georges hit back before the break, a spectacular drag flick from a penalty corner left everybody looking on!

The game continued to be closely fought but it seemed both teams would settle for a point. It wasn't until a penetrating pass, driven into the scoring circle by left back Paul Duffy, which found Adam Clarke who slotted home coolly under pressure. Clarke's winner stretched Wilton's winning spree to nine consecutive games and an impressive 11 games unbeaten.

Wilton 2nd faced local rivals Marton Furness 2nds at home and with a somewhat different team from the regular XI. Wilton, without inspirational Captain Mark Nevison and having to field an injured Vice-Captain Bob Leason also drafted in dbutantes Stuart Blount in goal and Michael Broadway in midfield. Unfortunately the Wilton team never gelled as a unit and it wasn't long before a strong Marton side capitalised on a defensive mistake to take the lead. Wilton's resolve strengthened a little and despite numerous missed opportunities from penalty corners they eventually managed to strike back after a weaving run through the defence by striker Johnny Couhig earned Wilton a Penalty stroke, after being sythed down by the Marton keeper. Couhig however, who wanted the Penalty for himself, was over-ruled by stand in Captain and Man of the Match Bob Leason who dutifully stepped up the convert the stroke leaving it 1-1 at the break. The second half, proved too much for an under strength squad. Even though Wilton showed more fight in this half and despite a solid performance at the back by Matty Hunter Wilton simply failed to capitalise on a number of opportunities and eventually the pressure began to show. After the break down of a Wilton set piece in the Marton area Furness stormed up the pitch and struck their second on a classic breakaway. A third goal for Furness was not far away, yet another defensive calamity saw a Furness striker gifted the ball on the edge of the Wilton area with no defender within yards of him and he had no hesitation in punishing Wilton. After that Wilton heads started to drop and despite his best efforts dbutante keeper Stuart Blount could not stop a strong Marton attack from breaking through the defence and ending all Wilton hopes of stealing a point. Final score 1-4.

Wilton 3rd faced a tough test at home to table toppers NESSA in division four, also weakened by the selection problems of the 2nd team, they were forced to play with an outfield player in goal. Wilton's young side battled well and excellent work delayed the inevitable conceding of goals to the last minute of the first half. They came out with all guns blazing in the second half and tireless work from man of the match Ian Bates was sadly not enough. NESSA soon found the net again from a penalty corner and the Wilton resolve was badly dented. NESSA took advantage and proved their worth at the top of the division scoring twice more to take the final score to 0-4.

Wilton ladies were up against Caledonians, and were clearly out to settle a score! Wilton surged out from the blocks and never allowed their opposition into the game. Strong play from player of the match Amanda Cook kept the Wilton side ticking, and it wasn't long before Cook herself scored the opener. The second half was much the same, a show of Wilton possession hockey, they doubled their lead with an excellent goal from Angela Angell taking the final score to 2-0.