Grey Horse 2, East End WMC 3; A very close encounter saw Aaron Radstock put the Clubmen ahead but Darren Tate equalised.

East End regained the lead after the interval through Neil Topping but Tate again levelled matters. Horse then proceeded to spurn several chances that would have given them a comfortable lead but they literally paid the ultimate penalty when 30 seconds from time Mr Reliable from 12 yards Mark Maddison converted a penalty to send his teammates delirious. Michael Weston was Horse's star man.

Barnard Castle 2, Killinghall Arms 5

The game had had to be replayed because of an indiscretion by Killinghall in the first encounter but the outcome was the same. Killie led at the interval 2-0 but the Barney lads staged a second half comeback as Daniel Fell pulled one back and then Andrew Harwood levelled matters when he headed home a Chris Venis free-kick. Killie were duly galvanised into action and despite some outstanding saves from keeper and man of the match Daniel Pritchard scored a further three to take the points. Scorers for Killie were Daniel Fleary (2), John Henderson, Sean Rochford and Jamie Langbourne, Kevin Ashton was man of the match for the victors.

DGSOB 0, Greyhound 1

Playing their first game for a couple of weeks Greyhound found Old Boys a tough nut to crack. Peter Robson scored the all-important goal in the first half. The second half was evenly contested and Grammer almost snatched a late equaliser but Mark Sowerby's glancing header flashed past the post. Mark Sowerby and John Makepeace were the respective M of the M.

Shuttle & Loom 6, Hole in the Wall 1

Shuttle, with a strong wind against them, started off superbly and played excellent football raced into a three-goal lead in the first 15 minutes. A defender turned a Carl Airey cross into his own net for the first and Michael Shaw netted twice. Gary Wilson pulled one back when he lifted one over the keeper from distance. Shuttle continued to control the game in the second half and increased their lead to 4 with goals form Carl Airey and Paul Soderman, As if to prove it just wasn't their day, Wall missed a 75th minute penalty before Terry Greenstreet rounded off a fine team performance with Shuttle's sixth. Mark Jenkinson and Kevin Myers were the respective M of the M.

Durham Minor Cup quarter final

Sunderland Gates 3, Newton Ayc. 1

On a bog of a pitch and in a strong wind Aycliffe tried to play football but it was their opponents route one tactics that carried the day. An own goal cancelled out Sunderland's opener but midway through the second half when trailing 2-1 Aycliffe lost keeper Chris Wilson with a bad head injury following a clash of heads that necessitated the player being hospitalised. The unfortunate injury seemed to knock the stuffing out of the Aycliffe lads and they conceded a third late on.

Auckland Charity Cup

Shildon Railway 5, Heighington 2

Railway raced into a two-goal lead in the first ten minutes. Heighington however, were in no mood to capitulate and after they had settled into their game Andrew Etherington scored twice. Heighington then had chances to lead but in the second half the Durham Alliance outfit scored three without reply.