Axa and Falchion served up a seven-goal thriller in difficult conditions. Both sides tried to play football despite the high winds, but it was the Falchion who played the better during the first half, despite being against the conditions.

They took the lead after 20 minutes when Mike Watt rose to glance a header into the net and then doubled their lead shortly before the break with Andy Hawkins tapping home following a swift break. With a two-goal deficit and playing against the wind it looked as though the second half was going to be tough for Axa, but they got back into the game after only two minutes of the second period when half time substitute James Barber stabbed home from close range. The visitors then restored their two-goal lead with another composed finish from Hawkins before Axa's Alan Percival finally ended a four month wait for a goal by sliding in to prod home, making the score 3-2. Percival then levelled the game with his second, to set up an interesting last 20 minutes. Percival broke free again but his run on goal was halted by a clumsy challenge by a Falchion centre back, which resulted in the visitors finishing the game with ten men. Axa took advantage of the situation and the comeback was complete when skipper and man of the match Martyn Railton crossed from the right and saw the ball clear the keeper and drop under the bar for Axa to claim their first three points of 2004.

In-form side Newton Cap started the game well against promotion chasing MN All Stars with Matthew Gowland and Keith Hirst going close early in the half. It was only a matter of time before a goal came and it was an excellent 30-yard volley from Neil Pannika which flew into the bottom corner giving the visitors' keeper no chance. Gowland doubled the lead with a neat finish from a Paul Stewart pass and this sparked the visitors into life but chances to score were restricted by some excellent work in defence from Paul Fox and Andrew Geary. Then the in-form Gowland netted his second of the game after some excellent work by Paul Byrne. With chances being created by both sides it was the home team who came the closest with Hirst inches away from the target, but it was a combination of poor finishing and top quality defending that kept Cap at bay. The fourth goal eventually came when Geary hit an unstoppable volley from a home side's corner. All Stars came back into the game with a goal from Mike Lee, but when Gowland completed his hat-trick, All Stars put in a strong finish to the game but were unable to break down the Cap defence and the home side held on to give them a 5-1 victory.

Royal Oak took on the Cricketers with the conditions playing a significant part in the game, the game started at a very high temp an it was Lee Stainsby who broke the deadlock after only three minutes with a 25-yard drive to beat Kenneth Burns in the Cricketers goal. The visitors hit back straight away through with a Kevin Howlett goal and then the Cricketers turned the game around to take the lead when Christopher Piper beat the offside trap to slot home. The Oak then settled into the game and using the windy conditions to their advantage equalised after 20 minutes when Dan Brooks found space in the box to finish well at the second attempt. With ten minutes to go before the break Mike Donnelly started and then finished a smart move to put the Oak back in the lead, the score remaining 3-2 to the home side at half time. The second 45 minutes saw the Oak keeper Preston Slade put in a man of the match performance as he kept the home sides goal in tact, while producing a string of top class saves. As the visitors pushed for an equaliser, it was John Woods who made the game safe for the Oak when the scored to make the final score 4-2.

In the other game of the day Haughton visited AFC Aruba and came away with all three points and 6-1 victory.