High-flying Cleveland Bridge took advantage of the conditions in the first half against Smurfit and goals from the in-form strike partnership of Stu Hardy and Wayne Buckley put the home side into a 5-0 interval lead, Hardy claiming a hat-trick and Buckley adding two.

The second period saw Cleveland playing against the wind however, their ability to play some excellent football saw them score at regular intervals with Danny Chapman making it six and Buckley completed his hat-trick. Chapman notched his second, other goals followed from Mike Dutton, Phil Sheridan and Graham Wedge, with an excellent chip, but it was man of the match Hardy, who took the honours with a double hat-trick, Smurfit found only a single consolation goal as the home side finished with a 14-1 victory.

Copper Beech DCS played host to the Royal British Legion and a superb hat-trick from man of the match Philip King help secure the points for the Beech, who had Stephen Mais and Kev Myers in goalscoring form. The visitors replied through Martin Scott and a double from Trevor Cooke, unfortunatly for RBL this was not enough to stop the Beech from finishing 5-3 winners.

Mowden played host to Middleton St. George and on a blustery day the visitors had the conditions in their favour in the first half and soon took advantage as Dan Hanafin netted the opener. MSG made all the play, but Gary Varty and Paul Dickenson at the centre of the home side's defence stood tall. The visitors found a second goal difficult to come by, but their pressure paid off with only five minutes remaining of the first half when Hanafin netted his and MSG's second. The second half started with Mowden chasing the game and their efforts were rewarded when the prolific Steve Thompson found the back of the visitors' net, the home side maintained their dominance and the in-form Martin Hickmans raced onto a great through ball from Richard Bestford and finished with a sublime chip to level the scores at 2-2, but it was to be Mowden's day and the come back was completed when Thompson was found at the back post and headed home to complete the scoring and give Mowden a 3-2 victory.