MURDER squad detectives yesterday took the hunt for the body of Joanne Nelson into North Yorkshire.

As her boyfriend, Paul Dyson, appeared in court charged with her killing, teams of officers were scouring the country in the hunt for her remains.

Their search is stretching from villages along the banks of the Humber, through to the river Ouse, and north of York.

Two teams of officers from North Yorkshire, as well as experts from the group International Rescue, have joined the search.

Farmers along the Vale of York have been contacted through their farmwatch group, Vale Watch, to ask for their assistance in checking their land.

Detectives are acting on intelligence they have received, which suggests Miss Nelson's body has been dumped somewhere in the area.

The 22-year-old disappeared from her home in Hotham Road North, Hull, on St Valentine's Day.

However, her body is believed to be in the open, near a wooded area, where it has been covered with branches from a pine or similar tree.

Detective Superintendent Ray Higgins said: "I would like to appeal to farmers and landowners to check their land to look for anything that is unusual or out of place.

"I would ask them to pay particular attention to areas near gates and to be especially alert if a gate has suffered recent damage.

"It has also been suggested that the gate may have green bottles near it."

He added: "This is a very difficult time for Joanne's family and everyone involved in the search.

"I need the public's help in tracing her body as soon as possible, to help her family during this distressing time.

"Joanne's family is desperate to find Joanne, so they can begin to come to terms with this tragedy."

A sighting of Miss Nelson's car, a white M-registered Renault Clio, has been confirmed in Howden, near Hull, on February 13.

Anyone who may have seen the vehicle since is asked to contact police on (01482) 334800.

Miss Nelson's boyfriend was remanded in custody yesterday after appearing in court accused of her murder.

Paul Dyson, 30, of Hull, appeared at Hull Magistrates' Court for a three-minute hearing accused of murdering Miss Nelson on or about February 13 "at a place unknown".

He was remanded in custody and ordered to appear at Hull Crown Court on March 2.