A CITY stockbroker fell to his death from a rooftop restaurant after his employers began an investigation over allegations he posted a prank message on a financial website, an inquest heard today.

Oxford graduate Anjool Malde was just days short of his 25th birthday when he fell to the ground outside No 1 Poultry, home to Coq d'Argent, on Sunday, July 5 last year.

He had been asked to leave his work at Deutsche Bank early on Friday afternoon after managers suspended his Bloomberg account and confiscated his personal computer.

City of London Coroner's Court heard Mr Malde was being investigated over an allegation he posted a prank comment on a financial careers website pretending to be somebody else.

A client company of Deutsche Bank complained after a post appeared on a financial careers website purporting to be from one of their employees, which read: "I'm hot, I'm hot."

The inquest heard that the investment bank identified the IP address of the computer from which the message was sent as that of Mr Malde.

Mr Malde was asked to attend a meeting with Deutsche Bank director Keith Leno, fraud and security manager Daniel Earp and head of European sales Jonathan Potter.

They questioned him over the incident and Mr Malde denied any involvement.

The inquest heard he was also questioned over an email sent to the client company employee from a Gmail account from somebody calling himself Raj Rocks.

The author of the email said he was suicidal over the incident.

The inquest heard Mr Malde also denied sending this email.

Giving evidence, Mr Earp said: "He said that he had a Gmail account but those emails were not from him and neither did he identify with the sentiment in the content of the emails, in particular about feeling suicidal."

At one point he stated categorically: 'Im not suicidal'.

The inquest heard that during the meeting, Mr Malde suggested he may have been targeted by other people who were jealous of his success.

Mr Malde was told to go home early because he would not be able to work without his computer, which was confiscated for further investigations.

The inquest heard the client company employee later received another email from Raj Rocks, offering £500 to charity to make the matter go away.

Asked about whether he believed Mr Malde had made the original posting, Mr Earp said: "All the evidence we were able to pull together indicates that that was the most likely explanation."

The coroner recorded a verdict that Mr Malde killed himself.