Justice has finally caught up with a child rapist after his first victim forward several years after they were sexually abused.

Stewart Tuck carried out the attacks when he was in secondary school himself.

The 24-year-old was initially reported to Cleveland Police in October 2022 when it discovered he’d been watching gay pornography featuring males who purposely appeared to be underage.

Teesside Crown Court heard how he was watching the videos while he was looking after very young children.

Tuck was arrested and interviewed by specialist officers from the force’s CAVA Team (Child Abuse and Vulnerable Adults) then bailed to allow further enquiries to take place.

Further evidence came to light that Tuck was also responsible for rape and serious sexual assaults on a young child more than a decade earlier.

Tuck was subsequently charged with numerous offences including rape of a child, assault of a child by touching, engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child and indecent images offences.

Judge Jonathan Carroll passed an extended prison sentence of seven-years-nine-months. He was jailed for four-years-and-nine-months; and he will be under an extended licence for three-years, after he is released from prison.

Stewart TuckStewart Tuck (Image: Cleveland Police)

CAVA Detective Sergeant Claire McNeill said: “Tuck had an unhealthy interest in young boys and quite rightly a third party immediately reported concerns about his behaviour.

“Our enquiries took another turn when the earlier offences came to light, adding to the complexity of this case.

“We ensured the victims were safeguarded - and supported by our expert local colleagues at ARCH - while we worked hard to gather evidence.

“I welcome today’s sentence which means another dangerous offender has been removed from the community. I hope it brings solace to the victims and also reassures the public that Cleveland Police will always do everything possible to protect vulnerable young children.”

See more court stories from The Northern Echo by clicking here

Get more from The Northern Echo with a digital subscription. To get access to our latest offer Click here.

Tuck pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual assault of a child under 13; three counts of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child; two counts of rape of a child under 13; and causing a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.

He also admitted a charge of taking an indecent image of a child and possession of indecent images.

Detective Chief Inspector Matt Murphy-King added: “This was another complex investigation but my officers were determined to seek justice for the victims and they worked tirelessly to secure evidence to enable Tuck to be charged.”

Tuck, of Wheatley Road in Stockton, was issued with a restraining order and will be placed on the sex offenders’ register for life.