A serial child sex offender has been locked up after he groomed a teenager to send him explicit photographs of herself.

Paul Evans has a history of contacting underage girls through social media and offering them money to strip off and share sexual images with him.

The 55-year-old was caught when the teenager’s mother checked her mobile phone and read a series of disturbing messages between the pair.

Teesside Crown Court heard how she called Evans but he denied doing anything wrong and was just chatting online with the underage girl.

Rachel Butt, prosecuting, said the police were alerted by the concerned mother and they raided the pervert’s Teesside home where they recovered images and messages from his mobile phone.

She said Evans would message the teenager at all times of day and night while using emotional blackmail to persuade her to share intimate pictures with him.

“The requests made her feel pressured because he would repeatedly ask for them,” she added.

The abuse came to light in February last year after he had been in contact with her for two months.

Last year, the father-of-one was jailed two-years-and-six-months after he performed a sickening dance which involved exposing himself to two teenage girls live on a webcam.

The court heard how he promised the girls thousands of pounds each if they showed him their bodies and he offered them more money to touch each other – which they refused to do.

The Northern Echo: Paul EvansPaul Evans (Image: Cleveland Police)

Evans, formerly from Middlesbrough appeared in court via a video link from HMP Durham, pleaded guilty to causing a child to watch an image of sexual activity; inciting a girl to engage in sexual activity; and engaging in sexual communication with a child.

See more court stories from The Northern Echo by clicking here

Black Friday Sale! 🌟 Grab our digital subscription for just £6 for 6 months. Limited time only!  Click here

Kelleigh Lodge, mitigating, said: “He is genuinely sorry for his behaviour and the impact it has had on the victim and her family.”

Recorder Thomas Moran jailed the pervert for five years and two months for the abuse of the teenage girl.

He said Moran has "a deeply troubling history of sexual interest in children.”

Evans was issued with an indefinite restraining order and reminded that his indefinite sexual harm prevention order remains in place.