It’s been a wet start to the week already in Darlington but that is unfortunately set to continue, as the Met Office predicts the town is set to experience showers for the foreseeable.

Darlington is having a cruel summer this year as the rain just keeps on coming, with a 90% chance of rain predicted in every hour from 6am to 9pm on Wednesday, August 2.

Moving into the weekend, there is more of a chance of sunshine with temperatures reaching up to 18C alongside some showers.

Read more: Seaham Asda pharmacy among seven branches closing this week

The Met Office has now predicted rain every day for the rest of the week, with a mixture of sun and rain predicted for next week.

Here’s a glimpse into the forecast for Darlington for the rest of the week.

Wednesday, August 2

There will be widespread across the region and in Darlington on Wednesday, persisting through much of the day.

There may be some drier, brighter spells later in the day but there will also be strengthening winds. Maximum temperature of 17C.

Thursday, August 3

Continuing with a drier start early in the morning, with a 30% chance of rain expected at 10am, rising to a 60% chance of rain by 4pm.

The showers won’t stop there – with a 50% chance of rain also expected at 10pm. Highs of 18C and lows of 14C.

Friday, August 4

A drier morning once again in Darlington but a 50% chance of showers once again expected at 10am.

By 7pm, the rain is set to clear up as the town sees temperatures of 15C heading into the evening.

Saturday, August 5

Darlington could see rain from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, as the Met Office predicts a 40% chance of rain at 10am rising to 60% by 4pm.

Highs of 16C and lows of 11C.

For more content from The Northern Echo, purchase a Premium Plus Digital Subscription for just £6 for 6 months until August 14.

Sunday, August 6

According to forecasters, Sunday could be the driest day in the town with rain not expected to start until 1pm, where there is a 40% chance of precipitation.

By 7pm, there is only a 10% chance of showers which lowers to less than 5% by 10pm.

Highs of 18C and lows of 11C.