A woman was rescued yesterday (Tuesday, June 6) after falling and injuring her leg whilst out on a walk.

Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team were called out yesterday evening to help the North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) with a patient.

A woman had fallen and injured her right leg whilst walking with family on Eston Hills, not far from Flatts Lane, Middlesbrough.

After receiving a request for help from NEAS, the team at Cleveland Mountain Rescue sprang into action, mobilising two cars with five experienced personnel on board. Other members made their way to the rescue point just off Flatts Lane in Eston.

Read more: Mountain rescue team called in to help injured walker on Cleveland Way

After meeting with the woman’s family, and being guided to the scene of the incident, the team were able to provide first aid care.

The woman was then “part-carried, part-sledged” down the hill, before being transferred to an ambulance.

A spokesperson for Cleveland Mountain Rescue said: “Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team have recorded three call-outs in the space of two days.

“At 5.22 pm on Tuesday, June 6, they received a request from the North East Ambulance Service to help a woman who had fallen and injured her right leg whilst walking on Eston Hills not far from Flatts Lane, Middlesbrough.

“Two Team Land Rovers with five personnel onboard were sent, with other members making their own way to an RV point just off Flatts Lane.

“From there they headed off walking to locate the casualty, soon meeting up with a family member who directed them to the scene.

For more quality journalism, subscribe to The Northern Echo for £1.50 a week here

“Once assessed she was provided with pain relief by a Team member and her leg was splinted before she was then secured within a vacuum mattress and part-carried, part-sledged on a mountain rescue stretcher down some difficult terrain for about 650-metres to the RV point.

“She was then transferred to an ambulance for onward treatment in hospital and all the volunteer mountain rescue members wish her well for her recovery.

“Seventeen members were involved during the incident which lasted for just over two hours.”