A drug driver who took police on a high-speed chase in a stolen car has been back before a judge after throwing a bottle at a woman while working with the probation service.

Anthony Teasdale was given a suspended sentence in March after he had taken a cocktail of cocaine and cannabis before driving around the roads in the stolen £21,000 Citroen DS3.

The 34-year-old reached speeds in excess of 70mph in a 30mph zone, drove through two red traffic lights and mounted the pavement as he tore around east Middlesbrough in October last year.

Teasdale, of Shinwell Crescent, Middlesbrough, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving over the proscribed limit for cocaine and cannabis, handling stolen goods, driving without insurance, and driving without a licence.

Judge Jonathan Carroll sentenced Teasdale to 14 months in custody, suspended for two years and was also ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work and attend 30 rehabilitation activity requirement (RAR) days.

Read more: Trial of alleged 'courier' fraudster gang targeting Darlington pensioners nears conclusion

He was also banned from the roads for three years and placed on a three-month electronically tagged curfew.

Teasdale was back at Teesside Crown Court due to his behaviour while carrying out some of his unpaid work with the probation service.

Uzma Khan, prosecuting, said Teasdale had caused problems during two sessions, the first on June 16 and then the following week on June 23.

She said: “He threw a bottle at a woman and was abusive.”

The judge heard how the defendant had completed his curfew, attended some of his RAR days and completed 35 ½ hours of his unpaid work but the probation service was no longer prepared to work with him.

Emma Williams, in mitigation, said her client acknowledged that his behaviour was unacceptable.

She added: “He didn’t know why he had acted in that way towards a member of the public.”

Recorder Paul Reid told Teasdale he ‘should be mature enough’ to comply with the suspended sentence order and warned him any further breaches would result in him being sent to prison.

Teasdale was made subject of another three-month curfew between the hours of 8pm and 7am and ordered to pay £50 towards court costs.

He added: “Next time you will go to prison, so don’t come back.”

Read next: