A STOCKTON primary school is hosting a workshop with a British gymnast.

Fredrick Nattrass Primary School in Norton are hosting an inspirational workshop with Team World Champion Jaydon Paddock.

Sports For Champions UK (CIC) in partnership with Fredrick Nattrass Primary School and the local community are running a fundraiser to help support the mental and physical health of the pupils after the national lockdowns.

Sports For Champions events are held in support of schools, which keep 60 per cent of the funds raised to spend on resources that will enrich young peoples’ education. Professional athletes in need of support are the only other beneficiaries from the remaining 40 per cent.

Read more: 17 North East people given Covid fines as Boris Johnson attended lockdown party

During the assembly, Sports For Champions athletes show medals and tell their story, their hard work, lessons, and insights to capture the imagination and inspire healthier active lifestyles. Athletes discuss challenges on the road to success, with resilience, nutrition, diet, and dedication forming key topics.

Sports for Champions said: "By inspiring children as champions of tomorrow, Sports For Champions envision youth growing in all walks of life as healthy, [pro] active community-minded talents.

"Alongside Team Sports For Champions, athletes invest in local communities to avail of support with training-related costs (e.g. physio/travel). "

For more information and to donate to the school click here.

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

You can also follow our dedicated Teesside Facebook page for all the latest in the area by clicking here.

For all the top news updates from right across the region straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on newsdesk@nne.co.uk or contact 01325 505054