THREE people had a lucky escape when a fire started in a bedroom of the flat they were in.
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service was called to the Chester-le-Street property at 6.50pm on Boxing Day.
Crews from High Handenhold, Consett and Seaham stations attended and initial reports suggested three people were trapped inside.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus, a hose and a specialist fan to deal with the incident.
By 7.15pm all occupants had been accounted for and a fire brigade spokesperson said there were no casualties.