THE family of a woman who disappeared exactly a year ago, without a trace, have spoken of the 'constant sorrow' of her loss.

Naheed Khan, 43, was last seen in early May 2018 and following months of investigating her disappearance detectives declared that they were launching a murder investigation.

Monday marks exactly a year since Ms Khan's bank account was last accessed, at an ATM in Middlesbrough, and a reward of £10,000 is being offered for information.

Her mother Gazala Khan said: “It is heart-breaking that it has been a year since I last saw my daughter and we still have no idea what has happened to her or where she is.

“We as her family have not been able to give Naheed the dignity or respect of laying her to rest. We live with the constant sorrow of her loss and the painful speculation of a tragic outcome until this is resolved.”

Money was withdrawn from her account at an ATM machine at Adils Pizzeria at the junction of Marton Road and Southfield Road in Middlesbrough at 5:04pm on Sunday May 6 2018, a Bank Holiday weekend.

Cleveland Police said in the last year, officers had pursued almost 3,000 lines of inquiry, taken 378 statements from witnesses, completed 450 house-to-house inquiries and recovered 6,500 for evidential assessment.

Officers have also identified more than 1,500 potential witnesses, logged 900 telephone numbers for investigation and searched several properties and sites.

Detective Chief Superintendent Jon Green said: “It has now been a year since Naheed’s bank account was last accessed and no one has heard from her or seen her since.

“I am asking people to think back to last year’s bank holiday, it was the weekend of Friday May 4 to Monday May 7." He urged people to come forward with information.

Independent charity Crimestoppers is now offering a reward of up to £10,000 for information they receive that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the suspected murder of Naheed Khan:

Naheed has links in Stockton, Middlesbrough and Thornaby. She is described as being of Asian appearance, of slim build and around 5ft 6” tall, with long, dark hair. A 39-year-old man was arrested and released under investigation in February.