For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Magpies' Sammy seals Boro switch
NEWCASTLE UNITED'S exciting prospect Sammy Ameobi has completed a season long loan move to Middlesbrough.
The 20-year-old, who can play on the wing or through the middle, will not be eligible to play in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth round tie with Chelsea because he is cup-tied.
But Ameobi will be in contention to face Championship leaders Cardiff City at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday.
The deal for the England Under-21 international has been secured in the hope of helping Middlesbrough back to the Premier League and he would be available for the play-offs should Tony Mowbray's team make it there.
More Newcastle Utd News
- Pardew still upbeat on the prospects of signing Remy on a permanent deal
- Newcastle Press Conference Update: Pardew insists Ben Arfa has a St James' Park future
- Taylor determined to end season in the side as decisions over his Newcastle United future loom
- Key duo ready to make Newcastle return
- Pardew won't give in to fan pressure
- Pardew fears for his position - but the axe is unlikely to fall
- Match Analysis: Stoke City 1 Newcastle United 0
- North-East Football Live: Saturday, April 12
- Match Report: Stoke City 1 Newcastle United 0
- Mike Ashley is entering a new phase of his ownership of Newcastle United - but will that be good or bad news?
Comments are closed on this article.