For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Magpies' Sammy seals Boro switch
NEWCASTLE UNITED'S exciting prospect Sammy Ameobi has completed a season long loan move to Middlesbrough.
The 20-year-old, who can play on the wing or through the middle, will not be eligible to play in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth round tie with Chelsea because he is cup-tied.
But Ameobi will be in contention to face Championship leaders Cardiff City at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday.
The deal for the England Under-21 international has been secured in the hope of helping Middlesbrough back to the Premier League and he would be available for the play-offs should Tony Mowbray's team make it there.
More Newcastle Utd News
- Newcastle keen to give youth a chance as Pardew weighs up Arsenal options
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Friday, July 25
- Riviere thinks Cabella will help fulfil international ambitions at Newcastle
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Thursday, July 24
- Marveaux moves back to France
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Wednesday, July 23
- It’s time to treat the Tyne-Wear rivalry with the utmost respect
- Newcastle hit Sydney for four
- Pardew wants Magpies to honour John Alder and Liam Sweeney next season
- Newcastle attacking target set to sign new deal with current employers
Comments are closed on this article.