For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Magpies' Sammy seals Boro switch
NEWCASTLE UNITED'S exciting prospect Sammy Ameobi has completed a season long loan move to Middlesbrough.
The 20-year-old, who can play on the wing or through the middle, will not be eligible to play in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth round tie with Chelsea because he is cup-tied.
But Ameobi will be in contention to face Championship leaders Cardiff City at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday.
The deal for the England Under-21 international has been secured in the hope of helping Middlesbrough back to the Premier League and he would be available for the play-offs should Tony Mowbray's team make it there.
More Newcastle Utd News
- Newcastle ready to move on Portugal in bid to strengthen
- Ameobi set for talks over future - with some senior Newcastle figures wanting him to stay
- Newcastle's development squad claim Northumberland Senior Cup crown
- Cisse could miss start of pre-season after injuring his knee
- Top-ten failure would be damaging, admits Pardew
- Match Analysis: Newcastle United 1 Swansea City 2
- LIVE MATCH-DAY FOOTBALL BLOG
- Match Report: Newcastle 1 Swansea City 2
- Pardew is aware of his unpopularity - but is determined to win the Newcastle supporters around
- NEWCASTLE ANALYSIS: Pardew faces up to his critics as the discontent in the St James' Park stands continues to rise
Comments are closed on this article.