For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Magpies' Sammy seals Boro switch
NEWCASTLE UNITED'S exciting prospect Sammy Ameobi has completed a season long loan move to Middlesbrough.
The 20-year-old, who can play on the wing or through the middle, will not be eligible to play in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth round tie with Chelsea because he is cup-tied.
But Ameobi will be in contention to face Championship leaders Cardiff City at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday.
The deal for the England Under-21 international has been secured in the hope of helping Middlesbrough back to the Premier League and he would be available for the play-offs should Tony Mowbray's team make it there.
More Newcastle Utd News
- Pardew coy over Remy move
- TEAM NEWS: Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle United
- Newcastle to seek Remy assurances before making a move
- Pardew is still looking for an extra striker
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Monday, July 28
- De Jong worry after Newcastle beat Phoenix
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Saturday, July 26
- Magpies will not panic as Milan enter race for Arsenal forward
- Newcastle keen to give youth a chance as Pardew weighs up Arsenal options
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Friday, July 25
Comments are closed on this article.