For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Magpies' Sammy seals Boro switch
NEWCASTLE UNITED'S exciting prospect Sammy Ameobi has completed a season long loan move to Middlesbrough.
The 20-year-old, who can play on the wing or through the middle, will not be eligible to play in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth round tie with Chelsea because he is cup-tied.
But Ameobi will be in contention to face Championship leaders Cardiff City at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday.
The deal for the England Under-21 international has been secured in the hope of helping Middlesbrough back to the Premier League and he would be available for the play-offs should Tony Mowbray's team make it there.
More Newcastle Utd News
- Magpies facing striker battle
- Pardew's position is strengthened as Newcastle look to make summer improvements
- Llambias backs Pardew after "constructive meeting"
- Magpies shelve interest in Carroll
- Newcastle look to future and targeting top six again
- Magpies need to act fast to land £15m man Carroll
- Longest-serving Harper still a safe pair of hands
- Tears from Harper on Newcastle exit
- Fans provide a fitting send-off for Harper despite Magpies defeat
- Arsenal ease past Newcastle and earn top-four spot
Comments are closed on this article.