TWO teenagers who subjected a younger girl to an “horrific” rape ordeal are each beginning 14-year sentences behind bars.

Mark Anthony Wilson and Lewis Anthony Bates were said to have treated their 13-year-old victim “as a mere object” during the sustained attack of at least half-an-hour duration.

Durham Crown Court heard that the pair and co-accused Sam Jordan Hunter, picked up the girl after persuading her to get into Bates’ Seat Ibiza.

Loading article content

The court was told that as they pulled away with the girl in the rear of the car, words to the effect of, “she’s game” and “foursome” were mentioned, before they drove to a remote track, off an industrial estate, overlooking the Durham coast.

While Hunter remained in the car, Wilson and Bates walked the girl to a spot near a fenced area where the attack took place, taking turns to rape her, before returning her to the car and dropping her back near to the spot where she was earlier picked up.

Wilson, 18, of Arkley Crescent, and 19-year-old Bates, of Runciman Road, both Hartlepool, were found guilty of rape following a trial earlier this year and were today (Thursday, August 28) sentenced to 14 years each in a young offenders' institution.

Both Wilson, Bates and 18-year-old Hunter, of Hirdman Grove, Hartlepool, were also found guilty of child abduction.

Hunter was sentenced to 18 months in a young offenders’ institution.