A MAN took his own life by carbon monoxide poisoning, an inquest heard today. (Thursday, June 5)
Michael Edward Tarn, 32, rigged his car and a petrol generator to commit suicide in a basement at his home in The Fallows, in Cockfield, County Durham.
The inquest, at Crook Civic Centre, heard that Mr Tarn had been depressed in the days leading up to his death.
Loading article content
A friend had been so concerned about his welfare that when he visited his house and got no response he forced entry to the property and found Mr Tarn.
Emergency services were called and he was declared dead at the scene.
Detective Sergeant Darren Phillips, of Durham police, said there were no suspicious circumstances.
Coroner Andrew Tweddle said a pathologist found that Mr Tarn died has a result of carbon monoxide poisoning and concluded he had taken his own life.