Fire at sheltered accommodation complex in Darlington

First published in News by , Reporter (Darlington)

FIREFIGHTERS from Darlington and Newton Aycliffe were called on to deal with a blaze at a sheltered accommodation complex today.

The fire was contained in the kitchen of the home on Branksome Hall Drive, Darlington.

Two elderly women were taken by ambulance to Darlington Memorial Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

Two crews from Darlington and one from Newton Aycliffe extinguished the blaze which broke out at about 12.30pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree