A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Four arrested as friends pay tribute to No Place woman Jenny Maddison
- Woman convicted of benefit fraud told to pay back £19,373 as proceeds of crime.
- Stanley charity given cash to help homeless people
- New-look leisure centre is officially opened
- School speeders given choice: three points or a grilling by kids
- Take on the #KeepitupforEngland challenge and show your support for our heroes
- Deano's story of the horrors of war and the road to recovery is why everyone should #KeepitupforEngland to support our heroes
- Boxing stage show postponed as former champ admits: "I'm not 24 anymore."
- Missing Gateshead 13-year-old last seen at Stanley house party found safe and well
- Flying the flag for youth groups at Beamish Museum