A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries following crash on A690
- WATCH: Hard-hitting video shows shocking footage of people trespassing on railway tracks
- A66 reopens after accident involving lorry and car
- Residents of Craghead street rally together for fundraising party
- Events to mark 50th anniversary of Mountsett Crematorium
- No kid gloves for fighting French sisters
- Davros actor at geek convention this weekend
- Sainsbury's and Tesco recall tinned products over fears they contain rubber
- Call for rival school plans in Stanley to be placed on ice
- School’s expert advice from children’s author