A DRIVER was taken to hospital after a crash this morning (Wednesday, February 27). The accident happened on the A167 at Sunderland Bridge, on the outskirts of Durham City, shortly after 10.30am. Only one vehicle, a BMW 3-series, was involved in the crash, close to the junction with the B6300 Browney Lane. A 41-year-old driver from the Darlington area was taken to hospital, although his injuries are not thought to be serious.
More Transport News
- Fears raised Government has set wrong tone for rail service refranchising
- Northern Echo launches campaign calling for major investment in North-East rail
- Van carrying windows and conservatory parts crashes on A69
- Shortlist of firms bidding to run region's rail services branded as "same old greedy companies"
- North-East "being ignored" in new train plans, says MP
- Grand Central 'most trustworthy' says survey
- Fire engulfs prison van on A19 - one lane closed
- Charter calls for Government to tackle North-South rail divide
- East Coast success means line should not be re-privatised, says union
- Police bid to save lives by targeting North-East railway trespass hot-spots
More Durham News
- Pathway project puts reserve visitors on the wildlife trail
- Call for 'England of the regions'
- Folk club's Scots-theme night for referendum day
- Pilots 'showed benefit' of free school meals
- Councillors recommended to back old pumping station scheme
- Licence challenge as 'Spag' fails underage booze test
- Classical star Russell Watson starts Christmas tour at Durham Cathedral
- 'Hidden gem' to become visitor attraction
- Stalag Luft survivor Bill, still golf mad at 95, tees off new £3m course
- Old rivals renew hostilities on golf course