A DRIVER was taken to hospital after a crash this morning (Wednesday, February 27). The accident happened on the A167 at Sunderland Bridge, on the outskirts of Durham City, shortly after 10.30am. Only one vehicle, a BMW 3-series, was involved in the crash, close to the junction with the B6300 Browney Lane. A 41-year-old driver from the Darlington area was taken to hospital, although his injuries are not thought to be serious.
More Transport News
- £600m cost of A1 dualling 'a price worth paying' - MEP
- Minister's comments on train overcrowding are "strange"
- Sapphire service given royal seal of approval
- Train operator told to remedy overcrowding issues
- Rewards offered as battle stepped up against power line thieves who put lives at risk
- Nick Clegg joins calls to scrap Pacer trains
- Fears raised Government has set wrong tone for rail service refranchising
- Northern Echo launches campaign calling for major investment in North-East rail
- Van carrying windows and conservatory parts crashes on A69
- Shortlist of firms bidding to run region's rail services branded as "same old greedy companies"
More Durham News
- Musicians in the swing for new Big Band
- Students win through to national debating final
- Uni retains 'top 100 in world' status
- Off-road run to become annual event
- Lego model of Durham Cathedral approaches 100,000 landmark
- Dean invites prayers at cathedral for Scottish voters
- Hero's daughter pays poetic tribute to fallen soldiers at Durham Cathedral service
- Durham Light Infantry statue is formally dedicated
- War reporter Kate Adie speaks at commemoration event
- Family fun at village’s ‘Big Weekend’