A DRIVER was taken to hospital after a crash this morning (Wednesday, February 27). The accident happened on the A167 at Sunderland Bridge, on the outskirts of Durham City, shortly after 10.30am. Only one vehicle, a BMW 3-series, was involved in the crash, close to the junction with the B6300 Browney Lane. A 41-year-old driver from the Darlington area was taken to hospital, although his injuries are not thought to be serious.
More Transport News
- Stretch of A19 to be closed overnight for a week
- Major disruption on A688 in County Durham after lorry strikes electrical cables
- Fire on train near Darlington causes rail delays
- Former Royal Navy captain takes up Northern Rail role
- Do you recognise these trainspotters putting lives at risk trying to get a closer view of the Flying Scotsman?
- £2.34m investment in green transport to be rolled out across Durham
- North-East green transport set to receive £1m Government boost
- Unique collaboration provides fun day out for dementia sufferers
- No big deal says Virgin after train company is accused of moving to a "union-busting war footing"
- Tunnel toll rise from Sunday
More Durham News
Loading article content
- 94-year-old in critical condition after crashing into road sign
- Anti-Corbyn 'traitors' not welcome at Durham Miners' Gala
- Guide to going to Kynren with opening night just days away
- Death threat Labour MP Pat Glass reveals plan to stand down hours after being promoted by beleaguered leader Jeremy Corbyn
- Durham veteran's support team teams up with national charity
- Durham backs campaign to get people recycling more
- Durham University professor takes up role as president of British Medical Association
- More than 1,000 runners expected for Durham's Race for Life
- Would-be robbers use Landrover to ram Wilko store in attempted cashpoint theft
- New campaign to support Durham's independent businesses