Woman has liquid squirted in face and is threatened with knife in Newcastle home raid (From The Northern Echo)
For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Woman has liquid squirted in face and is threatened with knife in Newcastle home raid
A WOMAN had liquid squirted into her face and was threatened with a knife during an attack in Newcastle.
The incident happened around 5.25pm on Tuesday (February 26) when four men forced their way into a house at Royal Crescent in the Fenham area of the city.
"One of the men threatened the occupant with what is believed to be a knife and another squirted an unknown liquid at her," said a Northumbria Police spokeswoman.
"The men then left the house. The householder was shocked by the incident, but not injured."
Nothing was taken from the house.
Det Sgt David Johnson appealed for witnesses to come forward.
"At this stage we believe that all those involved in this incident are known to each other," he said.
Two women, aged 20 and 48, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are helping with inquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to the call the non emergency 101 number, ext 69191 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
More Crime News
- Shakespeare fantasist removed from 'suicide watch' two weeks before killing himself
- Praise for air ambulance after man accidentally sets his head on fire
- Former footballer jailed after selling drugs to pay off gambling debts
- Knife-wielding burglar lashed out 'Ninja style' to free girlfriend from have-a-go hero
- Computer expert seeks help to change behaviour which led to him downloading sickening images
- Crowbar wielding robbers subject family to terrifying ordeal
- Stockton sex offender jailed after failing to tell police he stayed at woman's home
- 12 month jail term for sex offender who repeatedly breached banning order
- PCSO numbers in Hartlepool to be almost halved as a result of a policing shake-up
- Woman in "serious" condition after mystery incident
Comments are closed on this article.