A WOMAN had liquid squirted into her face and was threatened with a knife during an attack in Newcastle.
The incident happened around 5.25pm on Tuesday (February 26) when four men forced their way into a house at Royal Crescent in the Fenham area of the city.
"One of the men threatened the occupant with what is believed to be a knife and another squirted an unknown liquid at her," said a Northumbria Police spokeswoman.
Loading article content
"The men then left the house. The householder was shocked by the incident, but not injured."
Nothing was taken from the house.
Det Sgt David Johnson appealed for witnesses to come forward.
"At this stage we believe that all those involved in this incident are known to each other," he said.
Two women, aged 20 and 48, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are helping with inquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to the call the non emergency 101 number, ext 69191 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
More Crime News
- Convicted child sex offender warned facing "significant sentence" after abusing eight people from same village.
- County Durham men among trio to go before Kent crown court for violent disorder
- "Sextortion" - webcam blackmail warning by police
- Four arrested after car stopped in Bishop Auckland
- Darlington assault victim left brain damaged and disfigured - but attacker will serve just a year in jail
- Convicted paedophile, 73, goes on trial for historic sexual abuse of two girls
- Teesdale and Weardale motorists warned against tricksters
- 30 years - drugs gang jailed for cocaine and cannabis operation
- Paranoid binge drinker jailed after arming himself with knives in Stokesley street row
- Man imprisoned for "cruel and callous" internet stalking of schoolgirls