A WOMAN had liquid squirted into her face and was threatened with a knife during an attack in Newcastle.
The incident happened around 5.25pm on Tuesday (February 26) when four men forced their way into a house at Royal Crescent in the Fenham area of the city.
"One of the men threatened the occupant with what is believed to be a knife and another squirted an unknown liquid at her," said a Northumbria Police spokeswoman.
Loading article content
"The men then left the house. The householder was shocked by the incident, but not injured."
Nothing was taken from the house.
Det Sgt David Johnson appealed for witnesses to come forward.
"At this stage we believe that all those involved in this incident are known to each other," he said.
Two women, aged 20 and 48, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are helping with inquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to the call the non emergency 101 number, ext 69191 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
More Crime News
- Darlington bus crash: Driver blames mechanical failure, court hears
- Six years jail for driver who killed new grandfather when speeding car rammed vehicle into bus shelter
- Traffic officers recover two stolen vans in separate incidents
- Police dog Zeeke ran through glass door in hunt for burglars
- Police appeal after two-in-one burglary in Spennymoor nets thieves Skoda Octavia vRS
- Men who admitted having sex with 14-year-old boy warned prison is 'inevitable'
- Pictures: Have you been targeted by the Consett graffiti vandal? Police investigate 'unsightly damage' in town centre
- Woman prisoner with "extensive" mental health issues died nine days after cell ‘hanging’, inquest told
- Norma Bell murder trial: Son of pensioner murdered in her home told her he was worried about her safety just hours before attack
- Family of Second World War veteran killed in a hit and run 25 years ago make fresh appeal for information