CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Brothers locked up for threatening to blind young mother with ammonia in row over £10 drug debt
- PCC elections: The candidates and their visions for the future of policing
- Police hunting man believed to have been brandishing gun in incident in Hartlepool
- Man accused of targeting isolated homes in £110k fraud
- Police release CCTV images of suspected North-East shoplifters
- Girl, 16, known to sex traffickers placed in secure accommodation for her own safety, judge rules
- Traffic cops turn rhyme fighters after stopping VW
- Convicted child sex offender warned facing "significant sentence" after abusing eight people from same village.
- County Durham men among trio to go before Kent crown court for violent disorder
- "Sextortion" - webcam blackmail warning by police
Loading article content