CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Darlington, Cleveland and Durham listed in drink-driving 'postcodes of shame'
- Police target roads in cross-border crime crackdown
- Deaf club bosses are found guilty of fraud
- UPDATED: Friends accused of vigilante attack on child rapist overjoyed at not guilty verdict
- Labour reveals plans to quadruple gun licence charges
- Campaign to raise awareness of threat of terrorism
- Another regional police force staging firearms amnesty
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death outside Wearside bar
- Police name man found dead in bin store
- Man beaten with car tyre lever tells of horrific attack at hands of paranoid schizophrenic