CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Woman said relative was put forward as "independent" witness to small claims hearing, as he was "professional"
- Man released on bail after dog walker savaged near Durham
- Police arrest man after fresh dog attack, just weeks after his own arm was ripped off
- Force silent on racism inquiry
- Couple defrauded schools after failing to pay fees for child care at nurseries round the region
- Gun-toting robbers injure staff member in raid on North-East club
- Teenage girl raped in Tyneside churchyard
- Teenage girl raped in church grounds on North Tyneside
- Arrest made after sexual assault in Harrogate
- Police make second arrest after sex assault on girl, 12