A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Pupils have aid to orphans boxed
- Man killed by train at Chester-le-Street railway station
- Animals found standing in filth, court told
- Housing provider's grand donation to art group
- A case of 'Wish You Were Here' 30 years ago as postcard finally reaches Chester-le-Street
- Householders could see their childhood home become a museum piece
- A gruesome token of war...
- Bungalows set to be replaced in village development
- Troubled Durham school hit by financial crisis
- Shocking video of car somersaulting after 97mph police pursuit with four-year-old boy in the back