A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Children's banner message to urge drivers to cut their speed
- Chester West and Central Community Project celebrates after winning lottery fund lifeline
- Suspected heroin dealers arrested in early morning drug raids
- Charity football match to help give brave Charlie Thornton new wheels
- South Durham biker airlifted to hospital with severe injuries after collision with car in Chester-le-Street area
- Failed store robber went home and asked to be taken to police station as he had "done something terrible"
- Skydive boosts pub charity total
- 'Inspirational' teacher honoured
- Extra buses laid on for this weekend's Mod and Ska festival
- Cartoonist puts housing association staff in the picture