For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Healthy eating event comes to town
12:53pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Chester-le-Street student cycles to raise money for Durham's hospice
- Driver spared prison for accident that cost pedestrian his life
- Arts hub in Chester-le-Street hosts display of women's artists
- Dementia cafe opens its doors
- Lecture on Irish archaeology
- Stone throwing probe in Chester-le-Street
- Rape suspect questioned by police
- Sit com play coming to the stage
- Call for volunteers to join community clean-up at nature reserve
- Stargazers asked to help out in North-East light pollution survey
Comments are closed on this article.