A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- "Enough's enough" says Sir Ian Botham as he teams up with Boris Johnson on Vote Leave campaign
- Help for people whose lives are blighted by loutish behaviour
- Curious art exhibition to celebrate project tackling mental health
- Thousands of pounds raised in memory of tragic teen
- Children to create postcards from the past
- Couple jailed over pre-Christmas crime spree
- Lottery windfall for Chester-le-Street's women's group
- Kids’ comic has swapped the North-East for the Middle East
- Children go for gold at Chester-le-Street sports festival
- Anti-suicide charity moving to its own centre