A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Snap up some fantastic prizes in the Winning Smile photo competition
- Geek festival returns with film star car
- Laurel Avenue gets cooking
- Art group stages spring show
- Barred customer caused commotion, apparently wanting to, "take on the world" at estate pub.
- Workmates raise £16k for charity
- Cricket fan's 1,000-mile cycle challenge for children's cancer charities
- Two people taken to hospital after two-vehicle crash on A693 at Beamish
- Junk food turned to healthy meals at new charity centre