A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Law firm staff raise £1,000 for charity
- Council grass cutter in court after boy suffered injuries
- Money raised by legal eagles
- A-level results day 2016 in the North-East and North Yorkshire
- Superhero-themed fireworks festival plan revealed
- Man jailed for 22 years for sexually abusing two girls
- Feast of fun for youngsters at Chester-le-Street's market place
- Bryan Adams rocks Chester-le-Street
- Suspect in court over Chester-le-Street street attack
- Overnight road closures for essential maintenance