A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Stanley machete victim can not recall frenzied attack
- Taxi driver fled would be robber after on-road confrontation
- Departure of 17 staff from primary school prompts concerns
- Jury hears of "machete attack" on ex-girlfriend's new partner in Stanley
- Police appeal after two men found injured in early hours after reports of disturbance
- Police appeal after attempted robbery of taxi driver
- Armed robber strikes at newsagents at Ouston, near Chester-le-Street
- Chester-le-Street primary school inspired by Lumiere light spectacular
- MP urges new voters to register
- Man held after police surround Chester-le-Street house