A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- House and garage badly damaged in fire
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Traffic updates from the region's roads
- Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once: 'Allo 'Allo is coming to Chester-le-Street
- Lorry crash causes seven mile tailbacks on A19 during morning rush hour
- Awards honour those working to reduce re-offending
- Sports Direct to hold independent review into working practices and corporate governance
- Listed: The 405 DLI heroes who gave their lives 100 years ago today on the regiment's bloodiest day at the Somme
- 10,000 homes without power as thunderstorms batter region
- Police hunt man wanted for recall to prison who has links to Middlesbrough and Scarborough
- Assault victim released from hospital