A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Pictures: Cute kids in their Nativity plays down the years plus one 99-year-old angel
- Karate kid Ryan defies rare bone condition to win European silver
- Garden centre kicks off its party season in style
- School hat-trick in contest
- Service to be held to remember stillborn babies
- Snow angels needed to help clear paths this winter
- Train fares set to rise by average of more than two per cent from January
- Pictures: Stars of grassroots sport are celebrated at the 17th annual Local Heroes Awards
- Our hero, Amy Tinkler - North-East grassroots stars honoured during Local Heroes Awards 2016
- MP claims ECB ignored financial regulations when coming up with sanctions against Durham County Cricket Club