A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Pupils voice fears for safety of lollipop lady fall but homes plan 'reluctantly' passed
- From Chester-le-Street to cyberspace for former air cadet
- Bar with a gin theme gets licence to open in market town
- Toddlers to team up with Teletubbies for fundraising
- Do you recognise these suspects caught on CCTV?
- County Durham man battling dementia for 6 years reveals frustration disease still carries stigma
- Driver in road rage clash had a "momentary loss of temper”
- School's traffic fears over Sacriston housing development
- Fraudster fined for falsifying fish
- Plans for new bar at former Relton Terrace Workingmen's Club in Chester-le-Street